WINDOWS 2000 Professional. . Failed while I turned on my PC

Reaction score
Hello everybody!

Could you please give me a hand? I am in a big trouble...

1. When I turn on my PC I get the following message :

Instruction at "0x732e69ff" referenced memory at "0xf0296477". The memory could not be "read"

2. There are just 2 options offered:

-CANCEL-to debug

-OK-to terminate program

My attempt to debug failed (it offer to break or continue. Nothing happened when I press “Continue” while I do not know what to do with a “break”)

When I tried OK and right click MY Computer-Property ….I got the same message

3.Dring my attempt of debugging I got the following Microsoft Development Environment warning:

0xc0000005 Access violation reading location
0x03d6477
4.My OS is Windows 2000 Professional

Thank you for your consideration

Katrin

Reaction score
What had you done previously to the pc ie: added anything software/hardwarere related?

Reaction score
An only related thing I can imagine was that every time during my logon system informed me about max registry memory. Every time I ignore that message since it did not prevent doing anything.

Also I happened to run Anti spam program. I do run the same one once a week…

Reaction score
Hi Katrin,

I am also facing exactly the same error message that you had mentioned and do not know what to do. The system starts and then the windows explorer error popus out with the message that you had mentioned.

Clicking on OK, makes the desktop blank. Please let me know if you have found a solution to this. I am also using Win2k Professional version.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Redeagle,
For now I have no idea as well. Somebody just assumed that one of the DLL was destroyed and the only way is to reinstall WINDOWS 2000. However , in that case the information would be lost forever.....
I will keep you updated and please do it as well. Let's see, however ....Hopefully somebody will help....

Ask a Question