    again, I can't pinpoint it.

    Chris Cowles
    Gainesville, FL

    Chris Cowles, Jun 14, 2004

  2. What is the specific folder that opens? Is it the same for every user?

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    Doug Knox MS-MVP, Jun 14, 2004

  3. Chris Cowles

    Chris Cowles Guest

    Same for all users. Program Files\Microsoft, containing a folder but no
    files: Intellisynch for MSN. The Intellisynch folder does contain files. I
    did recently install that, but had to do a rollback for other reasons.

    When I log into MSN and click the Intellisynch icon within it, I get the
    download page rather than a synch. Apparently something related to it is
    damaged. I want to uninstall this anyway, since MSN doesn't seem to allow
    categories in the contacts list.

    With your question prompting an idea, I reinstalled Intellisynch, then
    uninstalled it and
    restarted. Now I still get the same folder (Program Files\Microsoft)
    opening, but the Intellisynch subfolder is gone.

    Where to, now?

    Chris Cowles, Jun 14, 2004
  4. Chris,

    This is usually related to a command line that uses long file names (has spaces in the path or file name). Check the properties of all the shortcuts in the Start Menu, Programs, Startup folder. If a command line has spaces in it, it needs to be enclosed in quotes.

    If nothing there fits the bill, click Start, Run and enter REGEDIT Go to:

    and

    Look in the right pane for the startup values there. Again, if it has a long file name, it should be in quotes. To change an entry, double click it, or right click it and select Modify.

    Doug Knox MS-MVP, Jun 14, 2004
  5. Chris Cowles

    Chris Cowles Guest

    Found a few meeting that description but they've been there awhile. Will
    report back tomorrow after editing.

    Chris Cowles, Jun 14, 2004
  6. Chris Cowles

    Chris Cowles Guest

    It's gone. Either editing the startup command lines to add quotes, or
    reinstalling/reunistalling Intellisynch for MSN did it.

    Thanks for your suggestions.

    Chris Cowles, Jun 15, 2004
  7. You're welcome :)

    Doug Knox MS-MVP, Jun 15, 2004