    it is possibile use windebug on xpe ?
    what are the component that i must include for support
    windebug ?

    guidi fabio, Jul 24, 2003

  2. "guidi fabio" <> wrote in
    news:09bc01c351d3$93be08c0$:

    > it is possibile use windebug on xpe ?
    > what are the component that i must include for support
    > windebug ?

    Depends on how you want to debug - do you want the XPE device to be
    running WinDBG, or do you want to run WinDBG on another machine and debug
    the XPE box?

    In the first case, it might be possible, but I haven't gotten that working
    yet.

    In the second case, modify the XPE device's BOOT.INI to add a /debug
    switch to the boot entry for XPE. You can set /baudrate and /debugport as
    necessary, then connect a null modem cable between the XPE device and your
    debug host and launch WinDBG on the host.

    --
    --Jon, MS

    rights.

    Jon Fincher (MS), Jul 30, 2003