Win32 WnetEnumResources() API call fails to retrieve Netware services provider

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 2000 Netware' started by niry@whale-com.com, Aug 15, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hello everyone,
    I have a very strange problem which can be reproduced when using
    Netware Novell Client 4.91 (4.91.0.20050216)
    This happens on both Win2k server with service Pack 4 and Win2k3 server

    with service pack 1.

    The Wnet API included on Microsoft SDK provides the function
    WNetEnumResources. This function can be used to enumerate network
    resources such network providers, domains, computers, shares etc ....

    I have written a small piece of code that enumerates all netwrok
    resources. Part of it enumerates all network providers (which are in my

    case: NetWare Services, Microsoft Terminal services, Microsoft Windows
    Network and Web Client Networks).
    When I run the executable manually, I retrieve all network providers as

    expected, but when the same code is executed by a service (that runs
    under local system) the "Netware services" is not enumerated), changing

    the service to run under administrative user account does not help
    either.

    This does not happen on Novell 4.9.0 client (on both Win2k and win2k3),

    so it seems the problem is related to Novell client 4.91 rather than
    the operating system.

    For general information the list of network provides is what you get
    when you press "My Network places" icon from desktop and than from left

    pane select the "Entire network" menu item.

    Ideas anyone ?
    Thank you in advance

    , Aug 15, 2005

  2. In Disguise Guest

    Re: Win32 WnetEnumResources() API call fails to retrieve Netwareservices provider

    Have you downloaded all updates for the Client?

    In Disguise, Aug 16, 2005

    Novell client update agent suggests that client is updated, so it seems
    the answer is yes.

    , Aug 16, 2005
  4. those updates would be from
    stable: http://support.novell.com/filefinder/20609/index.html
    beta: http://support.novell.com/filefinder/20609/beta.html

    I think the update agent you speak of that is built into the client is an
    administrative update source you create yourself for the local network, it
    doesnt go out to novell's site & get the latest nwclient32 491 updates.

    btw, to keep up with all the latest patches:
    http://support.novell.com/filefinder/month/index.html

    http://www.abend.org Novell news for professionals

    Keith V. Klenke, Aug 23, 2005