    CPU during startup, and windows runs for a random amount of time, but freezes
    after a while.

    What would make it do that? Should I replace the board or re-install windows?

    Guest, Jan 4, 2006

    John John Guest

    How to perform an in-place upgrade of Windows 2000
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/292175/

    John

    John John, Jan 4, 2006

    Something I noticed about my workstation: I removed and uninstalled the
    wireless network card (so now I have no PCI devices installed) and it has
    been running fine since then. I haven't had time to re-install this but will
    let you know how it goes when I do.

    Guest, Jan 5, 2006

    John John Guest

    You might also want to check here:

    How to replace the motherboard on a computer that is running Windows
    Server 2003, Windows XP, or Windows 2000
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;824125

    John

    John John, Jan 5, 2006

    Thank you for the reference. I tried that (except I used a repair because it
    gave me the blue screen of death with an ugly IDE error when restarting with
    the old disk) and it worked except I couldn't attach to the Exchange Server.
    I could only see the mail through OWA. Curious.

    With this board though, I also upgraded the HD, so it was a fresh install.

    Guest, Jan 5, 2006