Win2000/Fonts

G

Does anyone have any idea why, all of a sudden, I cannot install any fonts? They are TrueType fonts. I can drag them to the Fonts folder but they don't show up in the font list in any program. When I've dragged previous fonts to that folder, it asked if I wanted to install the font. Now it just drops the file into the Fonts folder with no prompting. There used to be an "Install New Font" option under the File menu, but that's not there anymore. It's not even grayed out, it's just not there! Microsoft's website says there is no limit to the size of the Fonts folder in Win2000. I'll take any and all suggestions at this point. Please e-mail me if you have any ideas. Thanks in advance.

G

Gary Smith

BryGuy said:
Does anyone have any idea why, all of a sudden, I cannot install any fonts? They are TrueType fonts. I can drag them to the Fonts folder but they don't show up in the font list in any program. When I've dragged previous fonts to that folder, it asked if I wanted to install the font. Now it just drops the file into the Fonts folder with no prompting. There used to be an "Install New Font" option under the File menu, but that's not there anymore. It's not even grayed out, it's just not there! Microsoft's w
ebsite says there is no limit to the size of the Fonts folder in Win2000. I'll take any and all suggestions at this point. Please e-mail me if you have any ideas. Thanks in advance.

Try this: http://www.jsiinc.com/suba/tip0200/rh0267.htm

G

George Hester

"Microsoft's website says there is no limit to the size of the Fonts folder in Win2000."

Not at all true. Please provide the location where you read that. Thanks.

Ask a Question