    each other's files fine but the Win7 system cannot see any shared files nor
    can the XP systems see its files. Is there some trick to this? If I should be
    posting this somewhere else, let me know. Thanks.

    Jpstewar, Mar 25, 2010

  2. Hi
    When configured on peer-to-peer Network, Win 7 has three types of Sharing
    configurations.
    Home Network = Works only between Win 7 computers. This type of
    configuration makes it very easy to Entry Level Users to start Network
    sharing.
    Work Network = Basically similar to the previous methods of sharing that let
    you control what, how, and to whom folders would be shared with.
    Public Sharing = Public Network (like Internet cafe) to reduce security
    risks.
    The Work Network is the one that most of us are going (and need) to use.
    Win 7 Work Network's Sharing settings are in principle similar to Vista's
    configuration, some menus locations in Win 7 might be in different place,
    and look a little different, but it should not be a problem to adapt.
    So, maybe this can Help, make sure that the Software Firewall on each
    computer allows free local traffic. If you use 3rd party Firewall On,
    Vista/XP Native Firewall should be Off, and the active Firewall has to
    adjusted to your Network IP numbers on what is some time called the Trusted
    Zone (consult your 3rd Party Firewall instructions.
    Win -7
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...mputers-running-different-versions-of-Windows
    Win7 Work Network with a little visual help),
    ,http://www.onecomputerguy.com/windows7/windows7_sharing.htm
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Windows XP File Sharing -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    When finished with the setting of the system it is advisable to Reboot all
    the hardware including Router and all computers involved.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

    Jack [MVP-Networking], Mar 25, 2010