    Compiler returned error 0x80041001

    This error appears whenever I try to access WMIC through windows powershell
    v1 on Windows Xp Pro as a standard user.

    Braden C. Roberson-Mailloux, May 25, 2008

  2. Braden C. Roberson-Mailloux

    samwyse Guest

    I'm getting the same thing. The first time I ran the wmi command, I
    got this:
    Please wait while WMIC is being installed.
    Parsing Mof File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Cli.mof(Phase Error - 3)
    Compiler returned error 0x80041001

    Since then, I get this:
    Please wait while WMIC compiles updated MOF files.
    Parsing Mof File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Cli.mof(Phase Error - 3)
    Compiler returned error 0x80041001

    I'm using a locked-down system, and don't have write access to C:
    \WINDOWS or many of its subdirectories. Could this be the problem?

    samwyse, Jun 13, 2008