Will boot to Safe Mode. Will NOT boot in Normal or Safe with Netwo

Discussion in 'Windows XP Performance' started by Networks, Jun 19, 2009.

  1. Networks

    Networks Guest

    Was running Avast in Normal Mode ,,,,at last check it had identified 128
    virus/malware ,,,,,came back and it had shut itself down ,,,,,will NOT
    boot in Normal or Safe with Networking ,,,,WILL boot to safe mode

    In Normal and Safe with Networking,,, I have the Window Scroll followed by a
    reboot

    ,,,,first assumption is that there is something common to the two (Normal
    and Safe with Networking) ,,,,but am not sure where to look

    Tried to use ReImage ,,,but XP Home with SP1 is not serviced by ReImage

    ,,,,,Question: Could (should??) I try to install SP2 in Safe Mode --- can
    NOt find any reference to either doing or not doing this (this would allow me
    to use ReImage I believe) ,,,,,do NOT wish to make things worse than they are

    ,,,,any and all suggestions are appreciated
    --
    Networks.Nssinc

    Networks, Jun 19, 2009

  2. Networks

    Bill Daggett Guest

    Networks <> wrote:

    >Was running Avast in Normal Mode ,,,,at last check it had identified 128
    >virus/malware ,,,,,came back and it had shut itself down ,,,,,will NOT
    >boot in Normal or Safe with Networking ,,,,WILL boot to safe mode
    >
    >In Normal and Safe with Networking,,, I have the Window Scroll followed by a
    >reboot
    >
    >,,,,first assumption is that there is something common to the two (Normal
    >and Safe with Networking) ,,,,but am not sure where to look
    >
    >Tried to use ReImage ,,,but XP Home with SP1 is not serviced by ReImage
    >
    >,,,,,Question: Could (should??) I try to install SP2 in Safe Mode --- can
    >NOt find any reference to either doing or not doing this (this would allow me
    >to use ReImage I believe) ,,,,,do NOT wish to make things worse than they are
    >
    >,,,,any and all suggestions are appreciated

    First suggestion: stop it with all the commas.

    Bill Daggett, Jun 19, 2009

  3. Networks

    Networks Guest

    Re: Will boot to Safe Mode. Will NOT boot in Normal or Safe with N

    ok. Next?
    --
    Networks.Nssinc

    Networks, Jun 19, 2009
  4. Networks

    nass Guest

    Re: Will boot to Safe Mode. Will NOT boot in Normal or Safe with N

    Net is to try a System Restore in safe Mode or try with this live CD to scan
    and clean the system from the infestation.
    Dr.Web LiveCD
    http://www.freedrweb.com/livecd/

    Make sure to backup first of this machine has a valuable data and
    disconnnect from the server if it opperate in a work environment.
    Make sure the server not screwed up and you have control on what the users
    can and can't perform, it need just careless co-worker to spread the
    infection through the share of funny screensavers?

    nass, Jun 19, 2009
  5. Networks

    Networks Guest

    Re: Will boot to Safe Mode. Will NOT boot in Normal or Safe with N

    Guten Tag .. ich war in deutchland fur zwei yarhe. However that was almost
    30 years ago (Bad Kreuznach.) Is there an english translation for the
    documentation?

    --
    Networks.Nssinc

    Networks, Jun 19, 2009
  6. Networks

    nass Guest

    Re: Will boot to Safe Mode. Will NOT boot in Normal or Safe with N

    was ist das und was genau wollen Sie?

    It is your choice!!!

    nass, Jun 19, 2009
  7. Networks

    Networks Guest

    Re: Will boot to Safe Mode. Will NOT boot in Normal or Safe with N

    I'm not sure (can't translate): (1.) download and burn to cd?; (2.) boot into
    safe mode?

    --
    Networks.Nssinc

    Networks, Jun 19, 2009
  8. Networks

    nass Guest

    Re: Will boot to Safe Mode. Will NOT boot in Normal or Safe with N

    Try the First Optin in the List for the default to start with the live CD
    and use the scanner.

    Or as I said try to Restore the System in Safe Mode to a previous Restore
    Point and you can start over cleaning this machine with your Tools to
    disinfect it.

    Avast has an option to start a Boot sector scan, did you select that when
    you installed the app?

    nass, Jun 19, 2009