Wierd network error

Discussion in 'Windows XP General' started by James, Dec 6, 2003.

  1. James

    James Guest

    When I restart my computer, I don't have a connection to
    the internet at all, as though my CAT-5 cable wasn't
    plugged in. Until I unplug the network cable, then plug
    it back in, then everything works as normal. This
    happens every time I restart the computer.

    The reason I bring this problem here is because it didn't
    start doing this until I installed the latest automatic
    update.

    I'm using the Sygate personal firewall (the free
    version :p), which I just switched to from zone alarm
    because zone alarm suddenly began resetting my
    connection, i.e. messenging programs would be
    disconnected within moments of their running and I would
    have to reconnect.

    I'd appreciate any input anyone has.
    Thanks,
    James

    James, Dec 6, 2003

  2. James

    Paul Guest

    I had a similar problem when I installed the latest "critical" update, but I
    wasn't completely sure if that was the reason. I have a cable modem and I
    lost the connection. I un-installed the update, did the system restore and
    powered everything down. Once I turned everything on again, it worked.

    --
    Paul
    Cleveland, Ohio

    Paul, Dec 6, 2003