Why won't my slide presentation advance automatically?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Powerpoint' started by Guest, Aug 6, 2005.

    I set the slide transition to 7 seconds and to advance automatically. My
    music plays but the slides will not advance.

    Guest, Aug 6, 2005

    Austin Myers Guest

    In the music animation settings did you click "Continue Slide Show"? If not
    it will sit there until the music is done playing.

    Austin Myers
    MS PowerPoint MVP Team

    PowerPoint Video and PowerPoint Sound Solutions www.pfcmedia.com

    Austin Myers, Aug 6, 2005

    I did set the necessary slides to play within the "custom animation" settings
    but for the life of me, I can't locate "music animation settings". Perhaps
    we're speaking of the same settings. Anyway, I finally have music playing
    for all of the slides and I even change music on a certain slide number so
    the first piece of music just doesn't repeat itselt.

    Thanks for you informative advice. Mr. H

    Guest, Aug 6, 2005

    I am having the same problem as Mr. H - My slide will not advance with the
    music but I have the transition set up. I started the song in the middle of
    the file - would this have anything to do with why it is not advancing? I
    was also not able to find the music animation "Continue Slide Show" setting.
    Can you please tell me where to find this? Thanks.
    Manda

    Guest, Aug 6, 2005

    Hi Manda,

    In the order I used: Click on Slide Show, drag down to Set Up Show then Show
    Type. Check Growsed by Individual (Window) then click on Loop continuously
    until 'Esc'. Show Slides 1 to ??(your choice). Select Advance Slides and
    click on Usint Timings, if Present. Next highlight the sound icon and right
    click for listings. Click on Custom Animation. Click the down arrow at
    right side of selected music selection. Click on Effect Options - Tab
    Effects - click on either "From Beginning" or "From Last Position. Then Stop
    on- After ?? Slides. Next Tab Timing and click on Start After Previous and
    finally Repeat Until End of Slide.

    I did quite a bit of experimenting but I finally began with one piece of
    music and then introduced another selection after about 34 slides. All is
    working fine with me now.

    Hope some or all of this information will be of help..Mr. H.

    Guest, Aug 6, 2005

    Thanks for the imput!! I did not know about setting up the show. I did that,
    but it still is not doing what I want it to do. I'm doing a "This Is Your
    Life" presentation and so there are many slides with different sound
    transitions. They all work fine except for the first two slides.

    I have the first two slides hooked to a sound file (that starts in the
    middle of the .wav file) and it is set up to play for only two slides. The
    bad part is, the whole sound file plays on the first slide and it never
    transitions. The first slide is set to change after 8 sec. so it should be
    going on to the second slide. It doesn't!! If I take the sound file out -
    the two slides transition perfectly. I can't figure out what is wrong!! If
    there are any more suggestions that anyone has, PLEASE let me know before I
    go crazy!!

    Guest, Aug 6, 2005

    Echo S Guest

    One of the versions of PPT has a bug with sounds that don't start at the
    beginning. Try resetting to the beginning the one sound starting in the
    middle and see if that fixes your problem.

    Also see Play sounds across multiple slides (A WAV runs through it)
    http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00047.htm

    --
    Echo [MS PPT MVP]
    http://www.echosvoice.com

    Echo S, Aug 6, 2005

    So, I tried setting the song to the beginning and it still will not advance
    the slide. I think that I am about to give up trying to attach this wav in
    my presentation (it sucks because it really made the presentation). If you
    have any other ideas, let me know. Thanks!!

    Guest, Aug 7, 2005

    I appreciated Mr. Meyers' answer of making sure the "Continue Slide Show" is
    clicked but I haven't been able to find it. Where is it?!

    Guest, Jul 31, 2007