    I am trying to print a one-page spreadsheet in lanscape view, but am only
    getting about 1/3 of the spreadsheet. I've tried to set print area, clear
    print area, highlight print area, etc. all to no avail. Hope someone can help.

    Guest, Jul 17, 2007

  2. What happens when you print preview?

    If you see everything there, then it may not be excel. It could be your
    printer. I remember a time a longgggggg time ago where complex reports wouldn't
    print completely. We ended up buying more memory for the printer to resolve the
    problem.

    Maybe you could try a different printer (or different printer type) to test.

    --

    Dave Peterson

    Dave Peterson, Jul 18, 2007

    The whole spreadsheet shows up on preview. I used the same spreadsheet on my
    old computer and it print out fine on the same printer that I am using now
    with the new computer. I am using Vista and have even composed a new
    spreadsheet thinking the old file might have been corrupted when it was
    transferred. It still only prints a portion of the spreadsheet. My old
    printer is compatible with Vista, so that is not an issue either. I am
    baffled as to what the problem is.

    Guest, Jul 18, 2007
  4. If the print preview works fine, I'd look at the printer--not excel.

    But I've been wrong lots of times.

    --

    Dave Peterson

    Dave Peterson, Jul 18, 2007

    I don't have access to another printer at the moment. If this printer was
    able to print the same exact spreadsheet from the old computer, I don't
    understand why it won't print it from the new computer. Is there something I
    need to check on the printer? I know it is compatible with Vista because I
    checked it out on HP website. I really appreciate your input! I am at a loss.
    I can still do my spreadsheets on the old computer and print, but am trying
    to get away from using both computers.

    Guest, Jul 18, 2007
  6. I don't have any specific tips to give you.

    But if the file|Print preview works ok, then I don't think that it's excel's
    fault.

    There are some printers that use your pc's memory instead of its own. Maybe
    closing all other applications would help--it might be worth a test.

    If that fails, you may want to identify the make and model of printer, the
    version of excel you're using and the version of windows you're running.

    It may help any potential responder.

    If that doesn't help, lots of printers have their own support sites (knowledge
    base articles and user forums)--you may want to visit the manufacturer's site
    and look for solutions there.

    --

    Dave Peterson

    Dave Peterson, Jul 18, 2007

    Thanks Dave, I'll try the HP website because I've tried all the other
    suggestions.

    Guest, Jul 18, 2007

    Just wanted you to know that I finally solved my problem and it is an excel
    problem. I tried to print out another spreadsheet and it spilled over to a
    second page and I noticed that it print the whole row. So I copied and pasted
    the entire form on page 2 and it print perfectly. I tried to print another
    one out and was one row short and it didn't print in landscape so must assume
    that the first 40 rows of the spreadsheet must be corrupted. Do you have a
    remedy for this? For all my time, trouble and anxiety, maybe microsoft could
    see their way to send me a new program?!

    Guest, Jul 20, 2007

    I have a similar problem.

    It's not every spreadsheet in a workbook. And it seems to be a Vista
    problem - I didn't have this problem in XP and it's not a memory
    problem.

    I frequently have to copy and paste a pre-existing spreadsheet
    (sometimes almost identical to another spreadsheet like month to
    month) that will not print, into a new spreadsheet. Then it will
    print.

    , Aug 1, 2007

    Thanks for your input. I've done this a couple times but still didn't work.
    Maybe, when I have time I'll try again. It's frustrating isn't it!
    Something so simple causing so much stress.

    Guest, Aug 1, 2007