Why is important security is blocked by user

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
A anti-spyware supplier wants to sell me a security program because they have found a blocked section on my virus scan. They found a line "Security is blocked by User" What is so important that they think they need to supply me a new expensive program?

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Sounds to me like you have been scammed. Has this security company contacted ou by phone, or is it a pop up on your computer telling you to purchase and install their software ? More info please.

Reaction score
Windows has special problems dealing with extra long path/filenames. If the combination of the path and file names gets close to 255 characters (127 for Windows 95/98/ME) Windows will likely not handle it well if you try to delete or rename it (you can create it but not change it). While there are programs that can handle names that long or longer [a mucks edit] the first thing to try would be to rename some of the folders that lead up to the file itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question