Why does this fake product key validate as being genuine (on Chinese installation of XP)?

eek8v.7xxpl

Hello,

Can anyone tell me why the pirated product key "CM3HY-26VYW-6JRYC-X66GX-JVY2D"
validates as being genuine on all Microsoft tests?

As an experiment, I tried installing a Simplified Chinese volume licensed copy
of Windows XP with this key (one of the most popular pirated keys in China)
and to my surprise, it worked flawlessly on all validations.

The following tests all reported it as being genuine:

Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications KB905474 (wgatray.exe/wgalogon.dll)
The update website at http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/
The update website at http://microsoftupdate.microsoft.com/
Genuine Advantage website http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/validate/ValidateNow.aspx

Is this key deliberately whitelisted for some reason?

Tom [Pepper] Willett

Don't worry. Now that you've posted the key in a Microsoft owned newsgroup,
it won't be around very long.

: Hello,
:
: Can anyone tell me why the pirated product key ": validates as being
[...]

XP Guy

Top-poster and full-quoter "Tom [Pepper] Willett said:
Don't worry. Now that you've posted the key in a Microsoft owned
newsgroup, it won't be around very long.

When was the last time you saw any evidence that an MS sys-admin took
any action in these newsgroups? And by the way, this is not a
"microsoft-owned" usenet newsgroup. This is a usenet newsgroup with
"microsoft" in the name of the group. That's about as close as it gets
to having anything to do with Microsoft.

And regarding the chinese XP key, read this:

http://help.lockergnome.com/windows...rofessional-Volume-Licens--ftopict530477.html

Tom [Pepper] Willett

Hooplehead net nanny.

: Top-poster and full-quoter "Tom [Pepper] Willett" wrote:
:
: > Don't worry. Now that you've posted the key in a Microsoft owned
: > newsgroup, it won't be around very long.
:
: When was the last time you saw any evidence that an MS sys-admin took
: any action in these newsgroups? And by the way, this is not a
: "microsoft-owned" usenet newsgroup. This is a usenet newsgroup with
: "microsoft" in the name of the group. That's about as close as it gets
: to having anything to do with Microsoft.
:
: And regarding the chinese XP key, read this:
:
:
http://help.lockergnome.com/windows...rofessional-Volume-Licens--ftopict530477.html

eek8v.7xxpl

Don Phillipson

XP Guy said:
. . . by the way, this is not a
"microsoft-owned" usenet newsgroup. This is a usenet newsgroup with
"microsoft" in the name of the group. That's about as close as it gets
to having anything to do with Microsoft.

.. . . exept that its source is msnews.microsoft.com viz.
an item of intellectual property and business law, property
of MS Corp. which is just as free as you or I either to exert
direct control or leave it alone.

Alias

Hello,

Can anyone tell me why the pirated product key "CM3HY-26VYW-6JRYC-X66GX-JVY2D"
validates as being genuine on all Microsoft tests?

Because Micro$lut is scared shitless that the Chinese will use Linux,
what else?

Alias

XP Guy

Don said:
. . . exept that its source is msnews.microsoft.com viz.

This is a usenet newsgroup. It has no source. It is a transport
mechanism for messages. The messages are hosted on servers. People
access the servers to read and post new messages. The servers
communicate with each other and pass the new messages to each other.
It's a distributed set of peering servers. No single server is
authoritative for the material or the transport mechanism.

Microsoft happens to operate a usenet server that is one of many peers
that are carrying this newsgroup. Microsoft has configured their server
such that it only carries newsgroups that start with "microsoft". Once
a post arrives at the microsoft usenet server, they can apply rules to,
say, delete posts made by certain authors, or delete posts that contain
certain content. But that deletion only applies to the microsoft
server. Those same posts will exist on other usenet servers and be
readable by others, and Microsoft has absolutely no influence in that
regard.

I suggest you read about what usenet is and how it works.
an item of intellectual property and business law, property
of MS Corp. which is just as free as you or I either to exert
direct control or leave it alone.

That segment of your post is pure garbage that has no relation or
bearing on the point being discussed.

Leroy

Thanks. All product keys posted to this newsgroup thread have now been
reported to (e-mail address removed)

XP Guy

Leroy said:
Thanks. All product keys posted to this newsgroup thread have
now been reported to (e-mail address removed)

Steve Balmer called.

He says thanks.

He also wants you to suck his cock some more because you're so good at
it.

Joined
Jul 26, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
(e-mail address removed)2o wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Can anyone tell me why the pirated product key "CM3HY-26VYW-6JRYC-X66GX-JVY2D"
> validates as being genuine on all Microsoft tests?

Because Micro$lut is scared shitless that the Chinese will use Linux,
what else?

Alias

> As an experiment, I tried installing a Simplified Chinese volume licensed copy
> of Windows XP with this key (one of the most popular pirated keys in China)
> and to my surprise, it worked flawlessly on all validations.
>
> The following tests all reported it as being genuine:
>
> Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications KB905474 (wgatray.exe/wgalogon.dll)
> The update website at http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/
> The update website at http://microsoftupdate.microsoft.com/
> Genuine Advantage website http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/validate/ValidateNow.aspx
>
> Is this key deliberately whitelisted for some reason?

this is true. the usage of windows is more an imperialist issue, than a business issue. microsoft isnt trying to make money in China, although it would be an added bonus to be able to, but the main goal, and objective here is imperialism, on behalf of western oligarchs. the west wants to control the Chinese os market, and the way to do this is by getting them to use windows. remember, microsoft has backdoors where the u.s govt can do cyber attacks, or spy on Chinese computers. in a sense, this gives the u.s regime the upper hand, from an aggressor's point of view. a few years ago, China was dead set on using linux as the default operating system for the entire country. somehow, at the last minute, by some miracle, m$ was able to convince China to go with windows instead. this also meant that m$ had to hand over the source code of windows to the Chinese. this is one of the reasons why the u.s regime is always attacking China, because China actually has a voice of its own, unlike all the other complicit client states around the world like japan, singapore, south korea, etc.

Top