    Documents which are shown in my 'Recent Documents' in Word 2007 also show up
    in My Documents in Win. 7. Is that normal and if so why clutter-up my
    orderly 'My Documents'.

    Emrys Davies, Mar 16, 2012

  2. Emrys Davies

    Iceman Guest

    In this group Emrys Davies wrote in message

    > I have Win. 7 and Word 7
    >
    > Documents which are shown in my 'Recent Documents' in Word 2007 also
    > show up in My Documents in Win. 7. Is that normal and if so why
    > clutter-up my orderly 'My Documents'.

    Are you referring to 'My Recent Documents' in Windows 7? That menu list
    shows all opened documents during a certain time span, and has always been a
    feature in Windows.

    Iceman, Mar 17, 2012

  3. Emrys Davies

    Emrys Davies Guest

    "Iceman" <> wrote in message
    > In this group Emrys Davies wrote in message
    >
    >> I have Win. 7 and Word 7
    >>
    >> Documents which are shown in my 'Recent Documents' in Word 2007 also
    >> show up in My Documents in Win. 7. Is that normal and if so why
    >> clutter-up my orderly 'My Documents'.

    > Are you referring to 'My Recent Documents' in Windows 7? That menu list
    > shows all opened documents during a certain time span, and has always been
    > a feature in Windows.

    No, I said 'Recent Documents' in Word 2007.

    Emrys Davies, Mar 17, 2012
  4. Emrys Davies

    Iceman Guest

    In this group Emrys Davies wrote in message

    > "Iceman" wrote in message
    >> In this group Emrys Davies wrote in message
    >>
    >>> I have Win. 7 and Word 7
    >>>
    >>> Documents which are shown in my 'Recent Documents' in Word 2007 also
    >>> show up in My Documents in Win. 7. Is that normal and if so why
    >>> clutter-up my orderly 'My Documents'.

    >> Are you referring to 'My Recent Documents' in Windows 7? That menu
    >> list shows all opened documents during a certain time span, and has
    >> always been a feature in Windows.

    > No, I said 'Recent Documents' in Word 2007.

    You have been making quite a fuss about this small problem here recently,
    and the best I can do is to refer you to the answers you have already been
    given.

    Maybe you should just turn off 'Recent Documents' *both* in Windows 7 and
    Word 2007. That is no problem. Instead you can put shortcut icons on your
    desktop for the documents you are working with at each time.

    Iceman, Mar 17, 2012
  5. Emrys Davies

    Emrys Davies Guest

    "Iceman" <> wrote in message
    > In this group Emrys Davies wrote in message
    >
    >> "Iceman" wrote in message
    >>> In this group Emrys Davies wrote in message

    >>> Are you referring to 'My Recent Documents' in Windows 7? That menu
    >>> list shows all opened documents during a certain time span, and has
    >>> always been a feature in Windows.

    >> No, I said 'Recent Documents' in Word 2007.

    > You have been making quite a fuss about this small problem here recently,
    > and the best I can do is to refer you to the answers you have already been
    > given.
    >
    > Maybe you should just turn off 'Recent Documents' *both* in Windows 7 and
    > Word 2007. That is no problem. Instead you can put shortcut icons on your
    > desktop for the documents you are working with at each time.

    Before you start going off like that I strongly advise you to make yourself
    conversant with the fact that Windows 7 has a Documents Library and that
    Word 7 has an Office Button which, if clicked upon, leads you to a menu
    which contains 'Recent Documents' and other programmes. Now when you have
    done that read what you have learned in conjunction with my question and say
    why you think that my 'Recent Documents' information In Word 7 is also shown
    in the Documents Library (I call it MY Documents). The answer may be
    simple, but I am interested in it.

    Emrys Davies, Mar 17, 2012
  6. Emrys Davies

    Dave Symes Guest

    In article <>,
    Emrys Davies <> wrote:

    [Snippy]
    > Before you start going off like that I strongly advise you to make
    > yourself conversant with the fact that Windows 7 has a Documents
    > Library and that Word 7 has an Office Button which, if clicked upon,
    > leads you to a menu which contains 'Recent Documents' and other
    > programmes. Now when you have done that read what you have learned in
    > conjunction with my question and say why you think that my 'Recent
    > Documents' information In Word 7 is also shown in the Documents Library
    > (I call it MY Documents). The answer may be simple, but I am
    > interested in it.

    Assuming you are not a computing Neo, why would you allow a scabby OS or
    application to dictate where you put your documents?

    This might seem a bit silly to some, but we never personally use My
    Anythings.
    The OS may install by default its rubbish in there, I really don't care,
    but applications we use, that's another matter.

    Instead we configure (For example) Word to use a location of OUR choice to
    Save the Documents, the Template files etc.

    Dave

    Dave Symes, Mar 18, 2012