Why do I have numbered folders on my c drive?

Discussion in 'Windows XP Basics' started by Jack, Apr 3, 2007.

  1. Jack

    Jack Guest

    The folders names are:
    5bdb48c7891edae9b88f0536
    8fb7469d228381ef7c777b327561cd04
    6748c8491507f05eb3f4e011979007af
    3536944bbdebc23bb206cb040706
    a1ba8f0697451bde1744
    f1d9d308d4d77bf8059a

    each contains some kind ot single text file, or UPDATE subfolder with some
    files in it.

    1.
    What is creating these files and when?
    Windows update?
    2.
    Why do I need these folders for?
    3.
    Can I just delete them?

    Jack

    Jack, Apr 3, 2007

  2. Jack

    Jerry Guest

    Delete them; they are created by an update/hotfix/etc install routine.

    Jerry, Apr 3, 2007