    something along that line).

    I think I got it to work, but nevertheless I think the point is quite valid--

    Miguel V.

    mvillafana2002, Oct 30, 2009

  2. mvillafana2002

    JoAnn Paules Guest

    Did you try searching for "page number" in the Help file? The third hit is
    what you want.

    --
    JoAnn Paules
    MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

    JoAnn Paules, Oct 31, 2009

  3. Previous versions have the Insert | Page Numbers dialog, which does have a
    check box for "Show number on first page." It also has Inside and Outside
    options, as well as Right, Left, and Center. All of this is accomplished by
    putting the page number in a frame and formatting the frame. More recent
    versions of Word have attempted to move away from frames and also,
    incidentally, introduce users to more stable ways of inserting page numbers
    (directly in the header or footer), but this does require users to learn how
    to use "Different first page" and "Different odd and even."

    --
    Suzanne S. Barnhill
    Microsoft MVP (Word)

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Oct 31, 2009