    folders pecified for synchronizing. What is the problem here?

    Thanks,
    Paul

    Guest, Dec 31, 2006

    Roady [MVP] Guest

    A Send/Receive interval is considered a synchronizaton. If this is shown
    continiously you either have an (additional) account configured that is not
    working properly or you have set your automatic send/receive interval to a
    really short period. You should never set it less than 10 minutes even on a
    fast connection. When you are on a slow connection set it to around 30
    minutes or even longer.

    --
    Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
    http://www.howto-outlook.com/

    -----

    Roady [MVP], Dec 31, 2006

    I resolved the problem by running "Detect and Repair".

    Guest, Jan 3, 2007

    jamesreeves

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2008
    Likes Received:
    0
    I am having the same problem. I have tried running the 'Office Diagnostics' (which is the 2007 version of 'Detect and Repair') but it has not picked up the problem so Outlook 2007 keeps getting stuck sending and receiving continuously - anyone know how to fix it?

    jamesreeves, Oct 27, 2008

    liban

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2009
    Likes Received:
    0
    Try this:

    Click Ctrl-Alt-Delete, so that the Windows Task Manager comes up.

    Click on the Processes Tab.

    Select OUTLOOK.exe, and click End processes. You may have more than one instance running, and each should be deleted.

    liban, Apr 8, 2009