    A new problem in Excel - when I hide a row, suddenly I can't use the "unhide"
    menu command to unhide the row. I have to use the tool and pull it down and
    resize it. Anyone experienced this? Thanks

    Guest, Jan 7, 2005

    RWN Guest

    Does the "UnHide" show up on the menu (or is it greyed out - protected sheet).

    Are you selecting the rows on either side of the hidden rows?

    --
    Regards;
    Rob

    RWN, Jan 7, 2005

    Yes. "Unhide" does show up, but when you selected it nothing seems to
    happen. The sheet is not protected, and I am selecting the rows above and
    below the hidden rows.

    That's why it's so puzzling to me. Thanks for writing back.

    BTW...It's Excel 2003 SP1.

    Guest, Jan 8, 2005

    Norman Jones Guest

    Hi J,

    I would guess that the row's height has been set to a very low size. Try
    resizing the relevant row.

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    Norman Jones, Jan 8, 2005

    Norman Jones Guest

    Hi J,

    Another thought, how did you hide the row?

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    Norman Jones, Jan 8, 2005
  6. Ahhh.

    I bet you're thinking: Data|filter|show all
    or some sort of unfiltering action.

    --

    Dave Peterson

    Dave Peterson, Jan 8, 2005

    Peo Sjoblom Guest

    Press F5 and type in a cell address in this particular row, so if it is row
    5 type for instance in A5,
    then do format>row>height and select 12.75 and press enter

    --
    Regards,

    Peo Sjoblom

    Peo Sjoblom, Jan 8, 2005

    First, thanks to everyone for their thoughtful replies.

    I was able to resize the row using Peo's suggestion, as I was able to just
    drag the row down to reveal it. The strange thing to me is that it won't
    function as it should - and has in the past - by just selecting the row and
    unhiding it.

    In answer to the other question, I just hid it normally by selecting Row -
    Hide from the menu. "Hide" works, but "Unhide" suddendly does not. It's not
    that I can't get to the row. It's just strange to me that I can't unhide it.
    This is a function I've used often and successfully for quite a while that
    suddenly won't work.

    Guest, Jan 8, 2005

    albruce

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Try Data - Filter - Clear

    albruce, Jan 26, 2011

    dmfleischer

    Joined:
    Jul 13, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thanks so much for the advice to undo the data filter!:thumb:

    dmfleischer, Jul 13, 2011

    petruburac

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2014