    a vista issue or is there something that is blocking this like a firewall on
    my new computer that i need to change? i've never had issues with it before
    and i don't have issues when i use the program from my work pc...

    Kim, Jan 27, 2008

  2. "Kim" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >i recently got a new hp laptop with vista and everytime i add an attachment
    > to my email it automatically closes down the whole outlook program. is
    > this
    > a vista issue or is there something that is blocking this like a firewall
    > on
    > my new computer that i need to change? i've never had issues with it
    > before
    > and i don't have issues when i use the program from my work pc...

    Outlook or OWA? I mean, dos it close the whole browser, or Outlook.
    --
    f.h.

    F. H. Muffman, Jan 27, 2008

  3. Kim

    Kim Guest

    OWA. it closes the whole browser so if i have other ie windows open, they go
    bye bye too.

    Kim, Jan 27, 2008
  4. "Kim" <> wrote in message
    >> >i recently got a new hp laptop with vista and everytime i add an
    >> >attachment
    >> > to my email it automatically closes down the whole outlook program. is
    >> > this
    >> > a vista issue or is there something that is blocking this like a
    >> > firewall on
    >> > my new computer that i need to change? i've never had issues with it
    >> > before and i don't have issues when i use the program from my work
    >> > pc...

    >> Outlook or OWA? I mean, dos it close the whole browser, or Outlook.

    > OWA. it closes the whole browser so if i have other ie windows open, they
    > go
    > bye bye too.

    Ok, just making sure since OWA isn't actually part of Outlook, so I'm going
    to make a couple suggestions:

    1) Talk to your Exchange Admin. There are a couple patches that need to be
    put on the server when one of the OWA clients is running Vista, so they need
    to make sure that they are applied.
    2) Clean out the Temporary Internet Files in IE
    (http://vista.tele2.com/ie7/delete_temp/)
    3) Post to the microsoft.public.exchange.clients newsgroup, since OWA is
    part of Exchange.

    Oh, and 4) Try using a different browser like Firefox, or IE on a different
    machine, to make sure it is not something with this IE install. If you have
    access to another Vista machine, try it on that one to see if it works
    there. If it doesn't work there either, look for either a non-IE browser or
    a non-Vista machine and see if it works there, if it does, I refer you back
    to #1. Well, heck, if it *doesn't* work there, I *really* refer you back to
    #1 since that would say something seems problematic with your mailbox.
    --
    f.h.

    F. H. Muffman, Jan 27, 2008