    I am using MS Word 2003 (11.6359.6360) SP1 on
    an MS Win XP Pro system.

    , Apr 23, 2005

  2. Pat Garard Guest

    G'Day Joe,

    > Why can't I rotate a text box?

    Because a Text Box can not be rotated!

    > That suggests to me that something -- some other
    > option -- is causing the rotation option to be
    > inapplicable.

    The same dialog is used for OTHER objects, a rectangle
    for example, that CAN be rotated (but not the text inside
    them).

    > Can I do that?

    Try WordArt!
    --
    Regards,
    Pat Garard

    Pat Garard, Apr 23, 2005

  3. Graham Mayor Guest

    See http://www.gmayor.com/rotate_text.htm for workarounds

    --
    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
    Graham Mayor - Word MVP

    My web site www.gmayor.com
    Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

    Graham Mayor, Apr 23, 2005

    Graham Mayor wrote:
    > See http://www.gmayor.com/rotate_text.htm for workarounds

    Thanks. Yes, Paste Special As Picture allows me to
    rotate the text.

    One question .... My Paste Special dialog box (usually)
    only provides the option Picture (Windows Metafile), not
    simply Picture, which appears in your exmple.

    What am I doing wrong?

    I say "usually" because one time I did see Picture as
    well as Picture (Windows Metafile). I cannot remember
    what sequence of keystrokes made that happen. But when
    I repeat the simple sequence of Copy followed by Paste
    Special, I repeatedly see only Picture (Windows Metafile).

    FYI, I disabled most of the automatic mechanisms under
    Tools customize, options, and autocorrect. I am using
    Word 2003 (11.6359.6360) SP1 with XP Pro.

    , Apr 23, 2005
  5. Graham Mayor Guest

    The illustrations were taken from Word 2000 - some of the options have since
    been removed as part of Microsoft's security purge.

    --
    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

    Graham Mayor, Apr 24, 2005
  6. HaraldDutch

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2013
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    I'm using Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010. If I select a text box, then the ribbon on top shows "text box tools". When clicking the format part of it, a new ribbon shows a lot of options to change the text box|: colors, 3D options, etc. One of them, located on the left is the possibility to rotate the text in the text box

    HaraldDutch, Jan 8, 2013