    few days ago, now all my emails are undeliverable.

    It just returns a message saying your message was undeliverable, none of
    your accounts could deliver this message....

    Guest, Jan 12, 2005

  2. On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 13:01:05 -0800, utica wrote:

    > I got a POP3 email address from www.hotpop.com. Its been working fine until a
    > few days ago, now all my emails are undeliverable.
    >
    > It just returns a message saying your message was undeliverable, none of
    > your accounts could deliver this message....

    If you have Outlook 2003 and have installed SP-1 (I suspect that's the
    case), you probably need to authenticate to your outgoing server. You can
    set that up on the "Outgoing server" tab for your account.

    --
    Jeff Stephenson
    Outlook Development

    Jeff Stephenson [MSFT], Jan 12, 2005

    "Jeff Stephenson [MSFT]" wrote:

    > On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 13:01:05 -0800, utica wrote:
    >
    > > I got a POP3 email address from www.hotpop.com. Its been working fine until a
    > > few days ago, now all my emails are undeliverable.
    > >
    > > It just returns a message saying your message was undeliverable, none of
    > > your accounts could deliver this message....

    > If you have Outlook 2003 and have installed SP-1 (I suspect that's the
    > case), you probably need to authenticate to your outgoing server. You can
    > set that up on the "Outgoing server" tab for your account.
    >
    > --
    > Jeff Stephenson
    > Outlook Development

    hotpop.com does not allow for the authentication feature.. I originally had
    that feature unchecked and my account worked as usual. I just turned on the
    SPA and did a test, it failed. I tried to do a tester email without SPA, it
    also failed. Could this just be a problem with the hotpop server?

    incoming mail server: pop.hotpop.com
    outgoing mail server: smtp.hotpop.com

    thank you.

    DKG

    Guest, Jan 13, 2005
  4. On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 20:43:03 -0800, utica wrote:

    > hotpop.com does not allow for the authentication feature..

    Actually it does - I just checked.

    > I originally had that feature unchecked and my account worked as usual. I
    > just turned on the SPA and did a test, it failed. I tried to do a tester
    > email without SPA, it also failed.

    Hotpop does not support the forms of SPA that Outlook does, so SPA won't
    work. Uncheck that box. Go to the "Outgoing server" tab of the account,
    say that your server requires authentication, and use the same as your
    incoming server.

    --
    Jeff Stephenson
    Outlook Development