    --
    CJSnet

    (Remove TEETH to reply by e-mail.)

    CJSnet, Dec 9, 2003

  2. CJSnet

    Chris Lanier Guest

    How to Contact the Microsoft Wish Program
    http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...port/kb/articles/Q114/4/91.asp&NoWebContent=1

    "CJSnet" <> wrote in message
    > We have a particularly strong idea for the final product name of Microsoft
    > 'Longhorn'. My company already deals with product concept development of
    > this nature, and our idea works on so many levels that it is too strong

    for

    Chris Lanier, Dec 9, 2003

  3. CJSnet

    CJSnet Guest

    Thanks. Was looking for something two-way, rather than one-way, meaning I
    don't want to just send the suggestion and have them use it without
    compensating me :)

    CJSnet, Dec 9, 2003
  4. CJSnet

    Chris Lanier Guest

    Hi, i would think Microsoft already has a company or someone inside the
    comapny they pay to come up with names. Microsoft Wish is your best choice,
    you are not going to get a conversation with anyone high enough up that it
    would matter.

    Chris Lanier, Dec 9, 2003
  5. You could always call Bill Gates directly at 1-800-IAM-RICH.

    William Gower, Dec 9, 2003
  6. CJSnet

    CJSnet Guest

    > Hi, i would think Microsoft already has a company or someone inside the
    > comapny they pay to come up with names. Microsoft Wish is your best

    choice,
    > you are not going to get a conversation with anyone high enough up that it
    > would matter.

    I'll take that as a challenge! :D Oh yes I will!

    Their department hasn't come up with the name I have. What I need to know
    is the name of the Manager of that department.

    CJSnet, Dec 10, 2003
  7. CJSnet

    Gary Tait Guest

    On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 21:53:41 -0000, "CJSnet"
    <> wrote:

    >We have a particularly strong idea for the final product name of Microsoft
    >'Longhorn'. My company already deals with product concept development of
    >this nature, and our idea works on so many levels that it is too strong for
    >us to ignore and not forward to Microsoft.
    >
    >Please can you advise how we should go about setting up an initial NDA
    >(non-disclosure agreement) and who the very best and correct person is to
    >contact at Microsoft, in order to get this potential name into the right
    >hands.
    >
    >Thanks in advance.

    Why? Longhorn is production code name, not the release name. I'm sure
    their marketing folks can come up with something on their own, without
    having to PAY and outside company to name it on spec.

    Gary Tait, Dec 10, 2003
  8. CJSnet

    David Candy Guest

    They don't look at it and if you send it in without their request they take all rights to it (they don't want to know).

    They've changed it slightly

    UNSOLICITED IDEA SUBMISSION POLICY.
    MICROSOFT OR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES DO NOT ACCEPT OR CONSIDER UNSOLICITED IDEAS, INCLUDING IDEAS FOR NEW ADVERTISING CAMPAIGNS, NEW PROMOTIONS, NEW PRODUCTS OR TECHNOLOGIES, PROCESSES, MATERIALS, MARKETING PLANS OR NEW PRODUCT NAMES. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY ORIGINAL CREATIVE ARTWORK, SAMPLES, DEMOS, OR OTHER WORKS. THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS POLICY IS TO AVOID POTENTIAL MISUNDERSTANDINGS OR DISPUTES WHEN MICROSOFT'S PRODUCTS OR MARKETING STRATEGIES MIGHT SEEM SIMILAR TO IDEAS SUBMITTED TO MICROSOFT. SO, PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR UNSOLICITED IDEAS TO MICROSOFT OR ANYONE AT MICROSOFT. IF, DESPITE OUR REQUEST THAT YOU NOT SEND US YOUR IDEAS AND MATERIALS, YOU STILL SEND THEM, PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT MICROSOFT MAKES NO ASSURANCES THAT YOUR IDEAS AND MATERIALS WILL BE TREATED AS CONFIDENTIAL OR PROPRIETARY.

    http://www.g2mil.com/Dec2003.htm

    David Candy, Dec 10, 2003
  9. CJSnet

    CJSnet Guest

    Thanks David, but;

    1) Where did you get this? URL would help.

    2) "Unsolicited" is not what I am after. I want the contact name that I
    can send an NDA requesting their permission to submit an idea, thus making
    it 'solicited'.

    Microsoft have given me 2 contact points at the Corporate Office so it looks
    like they are open to it. I'm following those up, but any other info would
    be appreciated.

    Thanks again.

    CJSnet, Dec 11, 2003
  10. CJSnet

    CJSnet Guest

    If you were Microsoft, and you had a name in mind, then someone came along
    with a better name, would you pay for it? Or perhaps you're saying they
    can't afford it ;)

    CJSnet, Dec 11, 2003
  11. CJSnet

    David Candy Guest

    Ask for the product manager. Don't tell the receptionist why.

    David Candy, Dec 11, 2003
  12. CJSnet

    Larc Guest

    On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 01:07:33 -0000, CJSnet pondered exceedingly, then took quill
    in hand and carefully composed...

    | If you were Microsoft, and you had a name in mind, then someone came along
    | with a better name, would you pay for it? Or perhaps you're saying they
    | can't afford it ;)

    That's the problem. They can't afford it. Only three of the ten richest men on
    earth are connected to Microsoft, a very poor representation you must agree. In
    fact, Scrooge & Marley — oops, make that Microsoft — is losing so much money and
    is so poor it can't even afford to pay dividends to its stockholders. ;-)

    Larc

    §§§ - Please raise temperature of mail to reply by e-mail - §§§

    Larc, Dec 11, 2003
  13. CJSnet

    Guest Guest

    Yeah, right. The name has already been decided.

    Guest, Dec 11, 2003
  14. A bit of conceit on your part to think that you have the product name of all
    names and that without it Microsoft can't sell their product or will not
    have as good of a sales for it. Unfortunately the way the computer world
    goes these days Microsoft could call a product Product A and have
    manufacturers bundle with their computers and would still make money.
    Whether we like it or not, many companies are tied to Microsoft products.
    It's not the name that sells the product but the functionality and the fact
    that it works so well with other products from the same vendor.

    William Gower, Dec 11, 2003
  15. CJSnet

    CJSnet Guest

    I'll agree to disagree as I don't wish to argue the point here, I just want
    to contact Microsoft for *their* opinion. I have a lot of contact points
    now, thank you.

    CJSnet, Dec 11, 2003
  16. CJSnet

    CJSnet Guest

    Can you elaborate please. When, by who, what is it, URL to where you read
    this.

    CJSnet, Dec 11, 2003
  17. CJSnet

    Gary Tait Guest

    On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 01:06:54 -0000, "CJSnet"
    <> wrote:

    >Thanks David, but;
    >
    >1) Where did you get this? URL would help.
    >
    >2) "Unsolicited" is not what I am after. I want the contact name that I
    >can send an NDA requesting their permission to submit an idea, thus making
    >it 'solicited'.

    They mean unsolicited/solicted on their part. Quite simply, they never
    asked you. If they specifically asked you out of the blue, that would
    be solicited.

    Gary Tait, Dec 11, 2003
  18. CJSnet

    Gary Tait Guest

    <> wrote:

    >If you were Microsoft, and you had a name in mind, then someone came along
    >with a better name, would you pay for it? Or perhaps you're saying they
    >can't afford it ;)

    No. Elimnates all costs with regards to ownership rights to the name.
    IMO, the product would sell for what it is, and to a certain degree on
    the strength of the marketing campaign, which a purchased element may
    not have an effect on sales.

    Gary Tait, Dec 11, 2003