    winxp32?
    Tia

    , Nov 21, 2006

  2. "" wrote:

    > My question is, my laptop came with windows home 32bit, should i just
    > keep this version? or is it worth spending the money for xp64(which
    > after reading some posts is worthless) or investing in Vista 64 bit and
    > adding more ram?

    The answer depends on what you're planning to do. If you intend to run
    64-bit applications, go with the 64-bit OS. Otherwise, you may want to
    stick with the 32-bit OS. Note that the 64-bit OS may or may not lack
    of the necessary 64-bit drivers for your laptop.

    > if I keep the 32 bit version was buying a laptop with the athlon 64 a
    > waste of money?

    That depends on your needs. If you stick with the 32-bit OS, the waste
    of money is exactly the difference between what you've paid for your
    64-bit hardware compared to the price for an adequate 32-bit laptop.

    > For my desktop should i just keep the windows i have 32 bit or is it a
    > waste of money investing in a 64 bit dual core chip, and staying with
    > winxp32?

    See above.

    --
    d-d