Which GTX 280?

Reaction score
Im finishing off a new build (gaming rig), this week(hopefully). Just need last last component, the GPU. With the latest price cuts on some of the GTX 280's, i think ive got my heart set on one.

The two cheapest cards, the Leadtek GeForce GTX 280
and Gainward GeForce GTX 280

Are these cards cheaper for a reason? The specs look the same compared with other non overclocked GTX 280's?

I know people will say the Radeon HD 4870 is a better buy, but i dont mind paying up to the two formentioned cards. So money aside, anyone got any advice/help/comments on which card to get :?:

(I will be using a 24" monitor)

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
I asked about why some 9800GTX are alot cheaper than others and the replies i got seem that its just the name on the card you are paying for.

Reaction score
hmmm wait a week longer ?
The ATI 4870x2 comes out soon, might see a bit more of a price drop and in theory and previews, seems like it will be the king of the hill.
But in regards to your question, yes most of the time you are paying for a brand name but that usually comes with a good warranty and bundle.
Well if money is not an issue, ofcourse go for the best card you can get and any GTX280 will do. Both brands aren't tier 1 brands so to speaks but they are well known.

Ask a Question