• Safari

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
We had one of these polls back in 2005, but I think it's time we had another now that IE7 is well established.

I'm using IE7 myself now, after not liking it at first, it has grown on me :)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Still preferring Firefox here, although I use IE7 for Microsoft updates and occasionally when certain other websites require it.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
It's a multiple choice question really ... ;)

Vista, I use IE7
XP, I use IE7 & Firefox
Linux, I use Firefox

:D

Reaction score
belive i had only recently switch to firefox just before your last post about this topic

still using firefox, but do have IE7 and use when required

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Firefox, IE6 if i have to. (Windows Update, some online virus scanners etc.) I really dont like IE7....

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
IE6 I hate IE7....Never used any of the other browsers, never had to..:)

Spezi

Wolf Cruncher
Reaction score
I have Firefox on my main box but on stuff I've built recently I've left it with IE7 since I feel it does what it needs to do now.

To me the reality of it is that I hate redundancy and due to that I don't care to load multiple pieces of software that basically do the same thing but where software was lacking I would naturally install and use something I consider better which was the case when IE6 was my only installed option and I felt it lacking and unsafe.

With the release of IE7 and given the fact that one can't really uninstall Internet Explorer from a windows machine anyway it simply makes more sense to use it since it has been improved and does pretty much the same things as Firefox anyway.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I'm still chugging along with IE6 - I also had FF installed, but a bit like Spezi I don't really see the point of having 2 lots of software doing basically the same thing, and I kept needing to use IE6 for certain sites/online banking etc.

Haven't bothered with IE7 as although I realise its a safer enviroment - I use the best AV software out there when using the internet................my brain ;)

Reaction score
I love Firefox. I use it on all my PCs, with the only exception being my Mac, which uses Safari. I couldn't go back to surfing the web without the AdBlock Plus extension. I haven't seen an Ad on the web since I installed it almost a year back, and that's not something I'm willing to give up lightly! Also, being able to control iTunes with FoxyTunes is a nice little time saver! Extensions are where Firefox shines.

Then there's the built-in spell checker..

Ed

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Safari on my Mac, Firefox on the windows machine. Have to say I'd be using Safari there too though, if they had a good working version. I also like efficiency &, while firefox is the best second choice I've found yet, i still prefer safari.
Never tried IE7 though, have to say the earlier versions haven't left me burning to try it.
Have to say I would also uninstall IE from my windows machine if I could. Even with FF set as my default browser, & even when FF is open, the machine still keeps brining up certain links in IE. Damn thing drives me potty.
would class it as an annoying pop-up myself :mad:

Last edited:
Reaction score
cirianz: Efficiency is the same reason I use Safari over Firefox on my Mac.

Anyway, back to the reason of my post - Windows is hard coded to use IE in many apps, but if you you msn messenger, Stuffplug gives you the option of opening all links (including links to new mail) in your default browser. Try it, I'd go mad if I had IE opened every time I clicked my new mail notifications!

Ed

Last edited:

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Thanks Ed & good to meet you :wave:
I'll have a go at setting that up tomorrow morning when I get the windows lappy back from my kids :)
even the thought of getting rid of the damn things has me bouncing :D:thumb:

(That's the IE popups by the way... not the kids :rolleyes: )

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I must say I'm surprised at the number of FF users here - over 50%, I guess it's because we're a tech savvy bunch of readers being a tech site, as this is well above the average number. :)

Reaction score
Preferred FireFox (love extensions and adds on), only use other browsers to check site strucure on diff browser.

Ask a Question