    --
    Bob H
    Leeds UK

    Bob H, Jan 12, 2005

  2. Bob H

    Dave Patrick Guest

    Normally shouldn't be an issue.

    Setup Does Not Check for INT-13 Extensions Before Creating System Partition
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q240672

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    Dave Patrick, Jan 12, 2005

  3. Bob H

    Bob H Guest

    Dave Patrick wrote:
    > Normally shouldn't be an issue.
    >
    > Setup Does Not Check for INT-13 Extensions Before Creating System Partition
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q240672

    Thanks, but I am not sure I understand that correctly. I know it says
    that setup does not check for INT-13 Extensions etc and to me, that
    seems to be a problem, as it gives symptoms, cause and resolution.
    All my partitions are NTFS, and I don't want to re install anything
    again by doing something that won't let an OS boot.

    Thanks

    --
    Bob H
    Leeds UK

    Bob H, Jan 12, 2005
  4. Bob H

    Dave Patrick Guest

    Check your mobo and or system bios manual to verify that it supports INT-13
    Extensions.

    Dave Patrick, Jan 12, 2005
  5. Bob H

    Bob H Guest

    Dave Patrick wrote:
    > Check your mobo and or system bios manual to verify that it supports INT-13
    > Extensions.

    Just had a look through my mobo manual, and it doesn't say that it
    supports INT-13 Extensions, so I guess it doesn't.
    So that could mean that if I extended my winxp partition from 5Gb to
    8.9Gb, it would then push my Win2k partition past the 1024 cylinder
    boundary, and maybe not boot???

    Thanks

    --
    Bob H
    Leeds UK

    Bob H, Jan 13, 2005
  6. Bob H

    Dave Patrick Guest

    Unless it is quite old I would guess that it does support INT-13 Extensions.
    They probably all have since year 2000 or so.

    Dave Patrick, Jan 13, 2005
  7. Bob H

    Bob H Guest

    Dave Patrick wrote:
    > Unless it is quite old I would guess that it does support INT-13 Extensions.
    > They probably all have since year 2000 or so.

    Well, it is an Asus A7N8X-X Rev 2.0, and is about 12/15 months old now
    at a guess

    --
    Bob H
    Leeds UK

    Bob H, Jan 13, 2005
  8. Bob H

    Dave Patrick Guest

    Dave Patrick, Jan 13, 2005
  9. Bob H

    Dan Seur Guest

    There's no question that your Asus board supports int13 extensions.
    Since you seem to be using a 3rd party partitioning utility, why not
    just try what you want to do with that XP partition? If it won't boot
    you can just restore the original size. (I'm assuming you've got a
    diskette-bootable partitioning utility here, such as PartitionMagic.)

    Dan Seur, Jan 14, 2005