    I need to replace 2 video card fans. They are 45mm x 45mm x 10mm
    Where is the best place to buy them?

    Thanks for any advice

    MeNotHome, Dec 20, 2005

  2. MeNotHome wrote:
    > I need to replace 2 video card fans. They are 45mm x 45mm x 10mm
    > Where is the best place to buy them?
    >
    > Thanks for any advice

    Cyberguys, www.cyberguys.com has two different models meeting your
    specifications.

    Michael W. Ryder, Dec 20, 2005

  3. MeNotHome

    BC Guest

    MeNotHome wrote:
    > I need to replace 2 video card fans. They are 45mm x 45mm x 10mm
    > Where is the best place to buy them?
    >
    > Thanks for any advice

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811999015

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811999016

    Sunon Maglev fans: have read good reviews for them:

    http://www.sunon.com.tw/products/pdf/2005dc-maglev.pdf

    $5.99 at Jab-Tech: note, have never ordered anything from them, and
    their web site is sort of a nigtmare:

    http://www.jab-tech.com/product.php?productid=2184

    HTH,

    BC

    BC, Dec 20, 2005
  4. MeNotHome

    Robert BL Guest

    "MeNotHome" <dtfa@****nospm****insightbb.com> wrote in message
    >I need to replace 2 video card fans. They are 45mm x 45mm x 10mm
    > Where is the best place to buy them?
    >
    > Thanks for any advice

    I've had good luck with 1coolPC.com

    Robert BL, Dec 20, 2005
  5. MeNotHome

    MeNotHome Guest

    I checked each of the sites mentioned in the above threads and none of
    them have the correct configuration I need.
    It is a 45mm x 45mm x 10mm but the screw holes are small tabs.

    Any other ideas?

    Thanks

    MeNotHome, Dec 21, 2005
  6. MeNotHome wrote:
    > I checked each of the sites mentioned in the above threads and none of
    > them have the correct configuration I need.
    > It is a 45mm x 45mm x 10mm but the screw holes are small tabs.
    >
    > Any other ideas?

    Can the fan be mounted to the heatsink using metal screws going in
    between the heatsink fins? Alternatively you could superglue the fan to
    the fins. I have used both methods without any problems.

    Michael W. Ryder, Dec 21, 2005
  7. MeNotHome

    Jim Edwards Guest

    MeNotHome wrote:
    > I checked each of the sites mentioned in the above threads and none of
    > them have the correct configuration I need.
    > It is a 45mm x 45mm x 10mm but the screw holes are small tabs.
    >
    > Any other ideas?
    >
    > Thanks
    >

    > On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 04:54:02 -0500, "Robert BL" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"MeNotHome" <dtfa@****nospm****insightbb.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I need to replace 2 video card fans. They are 45mm x 45mm x 10mm
    >>>Where is the best place to buy them?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks for any advice
    >>>

    >>I've had good luck with 1coolPC.com

    Try :-

    http://www.adpmods.com/case-modding/Evercool-45mm-X-Type-VGA-Cooler-Replacement-Fan-p-1663.html

    JimE

    Jim Edwards, Dec 21, 2005
  8. MeNotHome

    BC Guest

    MeNotHome wrote:
    > I checked each of the sites mentioned in the above threads and none of
    > them have the correct configuration I need.
    > It is a 45mm x 45mm x 10mm but the screw holes are small tabs.
    >
    > Any other ideas?
    >
    > Thanks

    What is the VGA card model?

    While I am not a big fan of "twinkling" products, perhaps this will fit:

    http://www.jab-tech.com/product.php?productid=2291

    Evercool VC-RE Twinkling VGA Cooler

    The VC-RE is a strong Cooler for VGA chipsets. The pure copper folded
    fin design and mirror finished base produce excellent results under
    challenging temperature environments.

    Blue & Red LEDs produce lighting effects and the push-pin design makes
    mounting the cooler both quick and easy. The metal spring clip makes
    installation secure and does not allow the cooler to "skate" on the GPU.

    Retail Packaged, includes (1) 3 Pin to 4 Pin Power Adapter & a tube of
    Evercool Silver Grease.

    Specifications:

    Dimension 45 x 45 x 10mm
    3 Pin TX3 Connector
    12VDC
    Rated Current .11A
    Power Consumption: 1.32W
    Fan Speed: 5000RPM +/-10%
    Air Flow: 7.79CFM
    Ball Bearing

    Compatible with:

    nVidia: GeForce 3 TI, GeForce 4 MX
    ATI: Radeon Series
    SIS: Xabre Series

    Read the excellent review at BigBruin.com!
    Big Bruin Recommended!

    Details

    Weight 0.60 lbs
    Price: $7.95

    I replaced a failed fan on a Geforce Ti200 with a Vantec Iceberg 4, as I
    recall, but, even though that was not a high powered card, it didn't
    seem to cool it all that well.

    Here is Iceberq 5: may work a bit better, looks like it fits lots of cards:

    http://www.frozencpu.com/vid-49.html

    Thermaltake unit with push pins: sounds like that is what you are
    looking for:

    http://www.frozencpu.com/vid-06.html

    Another:

    http://www.frozencpu.com/vid-32.html

    Iceberq and Iceberq4:

    http://www.1coolpc.com/

    Look under "small fans" for:

    A.) 45mm Four Pin Fan: 45mm ball bearing fan with 4 pin power supply
    connection and pass through. Lifetime warranty. $8.00 plus S&H
    Specifications: 7.2cfm, 5300rpm, .06 Amps, 0.7 Watts, 12 Volts DC

    And lastly, from Newegg: maybe this?

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835192006

    Specifications
    Model
    Brand Titan
    Model TTC-CV3AB
    Spec
    Fan Size 45mm
    Compatibility VGA Card Processor
    RPM 4500±10%RPM
    Air Flow 6.89CFM
    Noise Level < 22dBA
    Power Connector 3 Pin
    Color Transparent
    Heatsink Material Copper
    Features
    Features TTC-CUV3AB (DIY) fits most VGA cards, and there are 2
    different mounting holes to fit ATI and NVIDIA chips
    The cooler is a solid copper heat sink with a transparent LED fan, and
    the mirror finish on the heat sink is definitely a plus to cool your VGA
    card and keep your PC looking great. It is also a quiet cooler!
    A different fan cover can be changed as a user’s desire, and while the
    LED fan is running, it creates a beautiful optical effect
    Physical Spec
    Fan Dimensions 45 x 45 x 10 mm

    Perhaps with the card model and manufacturer someone can come up with
    something better.

    HTH,

    BC

    BC, Dec 21, 2005
  9. MeNotHome

    BC Guest

    MeNotHome wrote:
    > I checked each of the sites mentioned in the above threads and none of
    > them have the correct configuration I need.
    > It is a 45mm x 45mm x 10mm but the screw holes are small tabs.
    >
    > Any other ideas?

    Dear MeNot,

    BC, Dec 21, 2005
  10. MeNotHome

    MeNotHome Guest

    Jim,

    That's the fan I need. Now I just need to find a store in the U.S.

    Thanks

    MeNotHome, Dec 23, 2005
  11. MeNotHome

    BC Guest