    I CAN´T FIND WINDOWS FAILSAFE MODE (F8), IT DOESN´T WORK!
    I tried to repair my windows xp installation but it
    didn´t fix the problem.

    Lars, May 9, 2004

  2. Lars

    Richie NY Guest

    Your actually looking to boot the PC into what is known
    as safe mode. As soon as you turn the PC on continuously
    press the F8 key, during boot process, that will bring
    you into safe mode.

    Uninstall this game from safe mode, reboot and try
    reinstalling, now keep this in mind you may want to visit
    the game site to see if there are bug fixes or game
    patches generally related to XP.

    it´s
    >freezes and then crash. This error message turns up in
    >swedish: Sorry for my weak translation!
    >[ Windows - system error
    >Microsoft windows discoverd and recoverd after a unit
    >error.]
    >When the game crashes it returns to the desktop, but the
    >graphics is all bad. This is one problem but I think

    this

    Richie NY, May 9, 2004

  3. Lars

    LArs Guest

    Sorry this is were my problem begins, I can´t bring the
    computer into safe mode. It´s not responding to f8 key.
    Any new ideés??

    translation!

    LArs, May 9, 2004
  4. Lars

    NetNut Guest

    If you have an 'F lock' (function lock) key or an 'Office' key , press it
    then f8. Sometimes you can be to slow some times to quick.(if there are Leds
    on the keyboard, watch for the first flicker of light from them as a clue to
    timing it right).
    The NetNut

    "LArs" <> wrote in message
    Sorry this is were my problem begins, I can´t bring the
    computer into safe mode. It´s not responding to f8 key.
    Any new ideés??

    translation!

    NetNut, May 9, 2004
  5. Lars

    Jerry Guest

    Start > Run and in the box: MSCONFIG and select a startup function to help
    you troubleshoot.

    "LArs" <> wrote in message
    Sorry this is were my problem begins, I can´t bring the
    computer into safe mode. It´s not responding to f8 key.
    Any new ideés??

    translation!

    Jerry, May 9, 2004
  6. Lars

    Alex Nichol Guest

    Lars wrote:

    >When the game crashes it returns to the desktop, but the
    >graphics is all bad. This is one problem but I think this
    >problem can be related to my other problem:
    >I CAN´T FIND WINDOWS FAILSAFE MODE (F8), IT DOESN´T WORK!

    The time window for hitting F8 comes right after power on, as soon as
    any BIOS info goes to black, and *before* the windows splash screen. It
    can be tricky to hit. An alternative is to Start - Run - MSConfig.exe
    and on Boot.ini check /SAFEBOOT. Exit and reboot into Safe Mode.
    Before returning to normal you will have to run it again to uncheck the
    box. Exit and on the reboot there will be a message about 'System
    Configuration'. Check the 'Do not show again' box and exit

    If you are in bad trouble with video drivers you may find it useful to
    instead use the /BASEVIDEO option there, which will give you basic video
    in otherwise normal mode, while you get and install up to date XP
    compatible drivers from the makers of your video card. Always get the
    maker's ones - not ones from Windows Update

    Bournemouth, U.K. 8E8L.org (remove the D8 bit)

    Alex Nichol, May 10, 2004
  7. Lars

    Jim Macklin Guest

    I think the OP was asking about the isolation of
    applications from the OS.

    "Alex Nichol" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Jim Macklin, May 10, 2004