    with no success! Can anyone tell me how to find these
    files so I can make a back up! Ohh and Show hidden files
    IS checked!

    ADAM, Apr 14, 2004

  2. ADAM

    Bob Cerelli Guest

    Both are hidden files on the root of the C: partition.

    Bob Cerelli
    http://www.onecomputerguy.com

    Bob Cerelli, Apr 14, 2004

  3. ADAM

    Les Herrman Guest

    On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 15:28:43 -0700, "ADAM"
    <> wrote:

    >I think they are in the root director, but is that C:?
    >or is it C:\Windows? I'm trying to make a backup up of
    >these two files and when I did a search in C: and
    >C:\Windows I couldn't find them. I did a search for NTLDR
    >and also a search for NTDETECT.COM in both locations but
    >with no success! Can anyone tell me how to find these
    >files so I can make a back up! Ohh and Show hidden files
    >IS checked!

    Even though you have Show hidden checked
    Those two files are also protected system files. You need to uncheck
    the option "Hide protected operating system files" box also.

    Les Herrman, Apr 15, 2004