    when to install them. Where are they stored?

    Thank you in advance.

    Greg R

    Greg R, Aug 9, 2004

  2. Greg R

    Guest Guest

    It stores the windows update files in C:\WUTemp\. I beleive its hidden and
    viewing these files will require 'Show hidden files and folders' to be
    enabled.

    Tools -> Options -> View -> ... in explorer, or see folder options.

    Guest, Aug 9, 2004

  3. Greg R

    Ramesh [MVP] Guest

    The WUTemp is a temporary folder as the name implies. In case you want to download the update locally, you may use the Windows Update catalog: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;283147

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    Windows 2000 Group Policy Registry Table:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/gp/gpref.asp

    Ramesh [MVP], Aug 9, 2004