    probably too late, she would like her Outlook Contacts. I would like to try
    an Undelete program, if I knew which file to try and recover.

    Many thanks

    Guest, Jun 9, 2006

    Hi,

    Outlook stores all the data including contacts, calendar, emails into a file
    with a .pst extension.
    Usually, the location you had mentioned is exactly the folder where the data
    would be located, unless it was manually moved to a different folder.
    You could run a search for the pst file (making sure that we search the
    hidden files and folders) and retreive the data.
    Once you have it, copy the file onto the Desktop and try opening it in
    Outlook by going under File> Open> Outlook DAtafile.

    Thanks,

    Mittu

    Guest, Jun 9, 2006

    Hi Mittu,

    Many thanks. As you suggested I did a search for files with the .pst
    extension and discovered that on my computer (Win 2K, but win XP is the same)
    I have this folder:

    C:\Documents and Settings\%Username%\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

    and
    C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application
    Data\Microsoft\Outlook

    and it's this second folder where the outlook.pst file is stored. I had
    been looking in the first folder and didn't know about the second.

    Thanks again.

    Guest, Jun 9, 2006

    Cheers :)

    Mittu