Where do you take your camera?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It seems people take their camera everywhere will them these days, as they are so small and with digital cameras "wasting" film doesn't really apply. I don't take mine unless I think there is going to be a good photo oppertunity, mainly as I'm worried I'll lose it if I take it everywhere!

Do you take your camera with you quite often, or just on days out? I've always got mine charged up just incase :)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I always take my mini ixus with me everywhere i go because you never know when an opportunity will present itself, i have earnt plenty this way grabbing images on the fly and supplying them to various suppliers who need them, Imagebank are always in need of decent quality frames and pay well, with image royalties from magazines etc.

I use a d70 for all my main scenic work though, what a superb cam i would love to take this with me everywhere but it is too impracticle with all the extra lenses and filters and so on......

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
To the girls' Gym :D

Uh, no, erm, I used to carry it with me everywhere when I first got a digicam about 2.5 years ago, but not so much anymore.

I didn't even take it out with me New Year's Eve, I think maybe the novelty's wearing off :(

It's a good idea to carry your camera with you, as a one time photojournalist (we are going back a long time here...) you never know when a Jumbo Jet may crash right in front of you. Lots of money to be made from Press photos and camcorder footage.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Unless I have plans to take pictures I never carry my camera around.

Reaction score
Indeed, a picture of myself.... without Glasses... as the chap far back in the picture has stolen them :p

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I hardly take my camera round (still), but now I've caught up with everyone else and have a camera phone - which isn't so bad!

Reaction score
having a camera on your phone is so convenient! especially when its of good quality... you can whip it out and take pictures when you least expected to!

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
Quadophile said:
Unless I have plans to take pictures I never carry my camera around.

same, i only have it if i need to or i might take some pictures

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
I keep one of my old digitals (camera!) in the car as you never know when things come along.

When I am away I take it with me because sometimes I get the chance to actually look around the area instead of being stuck in hotels etc. (It proves I have been away working, not just hiding in my local for a few days!):D

Last edited:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Originally posted by CITech
I keep one of my old digitals in the car as you never know when things come along.

I always keep my old digitals in the car when driving too !!

Reaction score
I remember when I got my first digital camera/camcorder. I took it everywhere... for like a month or two. It was a little cumbersome and took too long to start up, and by that time the pic was lost.

I now have a camera on my cell phone. And its really convient... I never ever go anywhere without my phone. Its sad really. But the camera takes pretty good pics IMO, as long as their is adquate light. As a matter of fact every pic I've posted on this sight is off my phone. Also it automatiocally sends photos to my online albumn. Performs poorly at night and is too small to fit a flash.. I wish there was a flash attatchment.

Reaction score
It depends really where i go and who with, for example if me and some mates r going out, i mite take sum pics 2 put on mine and friends websites, also if we know we are going to get up2 something, for example last year 6 of us went to banbury dressed down in gorilla and monkeys with 2 or 3 inflatable bananas, was an expensive day out, but highly amusing :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
My digi used to always be in the other halfs bag, but since we both got new phones (My N70 & her 6680) its stayed at home unless we needed it for somewhere special.

Reaction score
I keep it hidden in the car cause I do alot of photos.

The Pentax digi SLR bodys are about the same size as 35mm film and the lenses are the same identical and interchangable. I cant say that its going to be easyer to carry when I get a digi SLR body.

I have an old CIA spy trypod a light but heavy duty metal thing that folds up into nothing. I love it when Im backpackin the camera doing night photos.

I have a small digi that always has dead batterys.

Ask a Question