    to save it!

    Many thanks for any help,
    James

    Guest, Mar 22, 2006

  2. You could try Word's History, or use Windows Search to look for documents
    created within a given date range.

    --
    Suzanne S. Barnhill
    Microsoft MVP (Word)

    "Shaggyjh" <> wrote in message
    > I need to find out who produced a memo in the office, so will need to

    check
    > the most recent documents opened in Word.
    > Word is set only to show the last 4 documents in the File menu, so if it

    is
    > not in the most recent 4 is there a folder that i can look in to check

    other
    > recent documents opened and saved? That is if the person was stupid

    enough

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Mar 22, 2006

    Tony Jollans Guest

    I'm not sure what Suzanne means by Word's History but I believe shortcuts to
    edited files are kept for quite a while, if not indefinitely, in Documents
    and Settings\(user)\Recent

    --
    Enjoy,
    Tony

    "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <> wrote in message
    > You could try Word's History, or use Windows Search to look for documents
    > created within a given date range.
    >
    > --
    > Suzanne S. Barnhill
    > Microsoft MVP (Word)
    > Words into Type
    > Fairhope, Alabama USA
    > Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
    > Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup

    so

    Tony Jollans, Mar 22, 2006
  4. Kind of sounds like someone created a memo they shouldn't have - and no one
    is claiming responsibility.

    --

    JoAnn Paules
    MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

    JoAnn Paules [MVP], Mar 22, 2006
  5. I was too lazy to check File Open and find that what I called "History" is
    actually called My Recent Documents. It is a total mystery to me what
    criteria Word uses for inclusion, since this list frequently includes files
    that haven't been opened in weeks and omits ones I just closed.

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Mar 22, 2006