    should you reboot after each one? Could it cause problems if you
    don't?

    Thanks.

    Doc, Sep 19, 2011

  2. Doc

    Doc Guest

    Re: When installing a number of apps, does it make any difference ifyou wait reboot?

    On Sep 18, 11:46 pm, Doc <> wrote:
    > Running XP Pro, SP3. Just did a clean reinstall and reinstalling a
    > number of apps.

    If it makes a difference, some of the installed items are various .NET
    framework version and service packs, C++ Redistributable etc.

    Doc, Sep 19, 2011

  3. Doc

    Paul Dodd Guest

    Re: When installing a number of apps, does it make any difference if you wait reboot?

    In theory it might cause a problem.

    Say you are running verion A of a library. You install a program and it
    installs version B but A is in use so the change won't show up until you
    reboot. A third program might think you are running A and install itself
    to cope with that rather than version B which you will be on when you do
    reboot.

    This though is mostly a theoretical problem. It would rarely happen and
    lots of programs ask for a reboot they don't really need.

    I usually compromise. When doing a mass reinstall I don't reboot after
    every new program install but do when a few have asked me to.

    Paul Dodd, Sep 25, 2011