When I try to open/save .rtf attachment I get the messages ?Can't create file. Right-click the folde

• Thread starter Nie Geweune via AdminLife
  • Start date
N

Nie Geweune via AdminLife

Hi,

When I try to open or save an attachment with extension .rtf I have the error messages:
?Can't create file. Right-click the folder you want to create item in and then click on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder.?
I checked already the completely pad of the temporary Internet files but the permissions seems to be ok.

Also a new install doesn?t work.

Please help.

Best regards,
Nie

Reaction score
Try This

Can't create file: Right-click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions to that folder"

Microsoft Outlook uses a temporary folder to save and open the attachments. By default that folder is hidden and the only way to locate it is to look in the Registry:

1. Open REGEDIT.EXE and go to Edit -> Find... In the Find dialog box type "OutlookSecureTempFolder" without the quotes and locate that registry key.

2. That key will contain the actual folder location, and will look like:

C:Documents and Settings%USER_NAME%Local SettingsTemporary Internet FilesOLK# (where # is a random letter or number)

3. Copy the location of that folder.

4. Click on Start -> Run... and paste the folder location from step #4 then click OK.

5. Windows Explorer will open that folder. Please, delete all files present.

6. Restart Microsoft Outlook and you should be able to open your attachments.

Ask a Question