What sort of internet connection do you have?

What sort of internet connection do you have?

• Dial-Up Modem

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • ADSL Broadband

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • Other Broadband

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Wireless / LAN

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
This poll is about your internet connection speed, please vote with your current connection. If an option is missing that applies to you, just post in this thread :)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Other Broadband

NTL : No Download limit ^^

Muhahahahahaha cough haha

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Zen Broadband. Zoom ADSL external ethernet Modem. Linskys four port router. Network of 3 machines.

No download limits. 512 down, 256 up. £28.00 pcm. CoD best ping rate around 30.

Reaction score
FreeUK ADSL Service (Provided by Clara.net aparently) through Netgear DG814 4 port Modem router shared between 3 machines.

No download limits. 512 down 256up. £22.49 pm. Very good ping :D

Reaction score
Nildram broadband - 512 down 256 up for around £22 a month - no download limit - Call of Duty ping of around 50 on a wireless network with 2 (laptop and desktop) sharing a Netgear modem. Can't get the feckers to talk to each other though.

Reaction score
I'm on BT Broadband, actual transfer speeds 576 down 288 up.

I had a letter from them yesterday informing me that they have reduced the charges to £24.99 pm from £27 pm as from 1st July (paid by Direct Debit). They also informed me that they will be introducing a download limit of 15GB a month from early 2005.

I wouldn't be surprised if all service providers introduce the same limit on downloads by early 2005 as I can't see BT doing it and hoping to compete with other providers who don't.

The cost of the 1 Meg BT Broadband has also fallen to £28.99 pm with a 30GB monthly download limit. I upgraded my account to this yesterday, but it will not come into effect for 7 days, which is a shame.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
True Cable, not nacy copper wire, using fibre-optic cable here. :p

1013 down 518 up ... no limit. :D

EDIT:

Upgrade free from NTL to 1500

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm looking at getting broadband from Central-Point or NDO, probably the latter as it should be connected within a few days :)

Reaction score
DIALUP! all the way

From the beginnin to the end - Freeserve Dialup:) (38.6bps)

upload: unknown
Download: God help me

Am loooking for broadband for under 10 quid.

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear all
I'm with Pipex B/B - god knows what speed but it seems fast enough, stable connection and the price isn't bad, unlimited use 24/7.

Gabriella x

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
PS Not able to get cable where we live - street far too small...can't get cable TV either and have only just got B/B here.... was on dial up b4 and it took for ages, could boil a kettle, make a cuppa etc...etc... b4 I could download what I wanted. The B/B connection I have is quite awsome by my standards in comparison!

Gabriella x

Reaction score
took me a YEAR of bargaining with the parents to get BB and now that we have it, i dont think they could live without it!

Reaction score
Im the same as you PSD.. Dial Up but its more like... Wind Up Clockwork Connection!
Trust Communicator 56k ESP2 Modem

Its so slow at times that i wonder if its working at all ..:)

Its better than nothing, it does me very well for now though and its all i need at the moment.. it would nice to be faster but that will be in the future..:)

Last edited:
Reaction score
uuhhh....dial up dat's really slow especially combined wit da computer i got,walmart connect,$9.94 a month,i stick wit da cheap stuff even though i'm on it 24/7,but wen i git muh new computers ima looken 2 git broadband and wireless connection(i finially got muh dad 2 believe all da crap i tell him)

Ask a Question