What makes a great Anti-Spyware solution?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Below is highlighted what I consider to be the most important when purchasing spyware and adware detection and removal software.

Feature Set
Does the anti-spyware include tools to enhance the ease of spyware detection and removal? Does the software offer descriptions of detected spyware so you can determine whether or not you want to keep each item? Are there auto-update and auto-scheduling capabilities available to save you time and keep you up-to-date and protected? Are there "undo" capabilities in case you accidentally delete something you actually need?

Effectiveness
Does the product provide real-time protection from spyware … preventing its installation instead of just removing it afterward? Is the product effective at finding and removing the many different types of spyware and adware? Does the manufacturer keep their product up-to-date with new spyware definitions?

Ease of Use
How easy is the product to use? Can you quickly find the features you are looking for? Are the descriptions easily understood or do they assume you know all the appropriate jargon? How quickly does the software perform the scan?

Customization
Can you target select portions of your computer to save on scanning time? Are there other options available to accommodate different needs, such as opting out of removal of certain items, or scanning to remove spyware that alters your Internet settings?

Ease of Setup / Installation
Is it easy to download and install the product? Can you get it up and running without consulting a book or a tech support person?

Help / Support
Is there a Help section installed with the product? Is it easy to find answers to your questions? Is there someone you can call for support? How quickly does the support staff respond to your email questions?

With the right solution for removing and detecting spyware in place, you can keep your computer privacy protected and your PC ad-free.

Enjoy!
Mucks :cool:

Ask a Question