What makes a good host?

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post :)

In your opinions, what makes a good web host and what is the maximum you would pay for web hosting (on average requirements, say around 500mb webspace).

Regards
infernus

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Support and Reliability are top priorities for me.

The max I would pay? Depends on lots of things... bandwidth, features, etc... £5/month should buy a nice basic account, but that is at the low end for smaller sites - its not worth the risk for larger sites or forums (as information can easily be lost).

Reaction score
avoid anything that tries to tell you that it's "unlimited", e.g. unlimited bandwidth or unlimited disk or unlimited cpu*,.. any and all hosting has limits on these things... don't be fooled.. :)

Sil

PS, if it's a light traffic site then consider hosting it yourself on a dsl connection - works for me :)

* if you're paying for your own server then cpu is yours to do with as you wish :)

Reaction score
I actually run a web hosting company, this site came up in our referrers list so i thought id take a look.
Consider this to be market research with intent to improve our services to consumers.

Reaction score
That is OK by me... i am glad that you are not actually adertising and posting links to your site all over the place

Ask a Question