What is the Collected Data folder.

N. P.

On my Windows XP computer, under the Windows directory there is a folder
called PCHealth. In there I can find files related, or so it seems, to the
Help and Support Center and to Remote Assistance. In addition there are some
mysterious files under: mydrive:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\DataColl\ folder
which are xml files. I have more than 100 of these DataCollection.xml files,
which it seems that they are continuously updated with data from my everyday
use of my computer. I am interested to know what they are for. What
information are they keeping? Are they spying on me? What is there use?
Thanks,
N. P.

Carey Frisch [MVP]

The PCHealth folder holds files required for the Help and Support Center.
It is necessary for the ongoing updating of information.

Windows XP Folders
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prgg_det_qgtk.asp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"N. P." <Not available> wrote in message:

| On my Windows XP computer, under the Windows directory there is a folder
| called PCHealth. In there I can find files related, or so it seems, to the
| Help and Support Center and to Remote Assistance. In addition there are some
| mysterious files under: mydrive:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\DataColl\ folder
| which are xml files. I have more than 100 of these DataCollection.xml files,
| which it seems that they are continuously updated with data from my everyday
| use of my computer. I am interested to know what they are for. What
| information are they keeping? Are they spying on me? What is there use?
| Thanks,
| N. P.

Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
DataCollection.xml

| On my Windows XP computer, under the Windows directory there is a folder
| called PCHealth. In there I can find files related, or so it seems, to the
| Help and Support Center and to Remote Assistance. In addition there are some
| mysterious files under: mydrive:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\DataColl\ folder
| which are xml files. I have more than 100 of these DataCollection.xml files,
| which it seems that they are continuously updated with data from my everyday
| use of my computer. I am interested to know what they are for. What
| information are they keeping? Are they spying on me? What is there use?
| Thanks,

Md. Firoz Khan Noor