    Is that a spyware or essential component of WinXP Pro, SP1 or SP2?
    Before deletiing , I want to make sure that it won't cripple mycomputer.
    Cragi

    Craig, Dec 26, 2005

  2. Craig

    John Guest

    On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 09:16:59 -0700, "Craig" <> wrote:

    >I found a folder named "SMRTNTKY" in D-drive.
    >Is that a spyware or essential component of WinXP Pro, SP1 or SP2?
    >Before deletiing , I want to make sure that it won't cripple mycomputer.
    >Cragi

    Craig:

    Do you know how touse Google? (www.google.com)
    If you had used it, the first thing that would have come up is
    It contains some very helpful information!

    Feiliz Navidad! y Prospero año felicidad !

    John <><

    John, Dec 26, 2005

  3. Craig

    Heirloom Guest

    Heirloom, Dec 26, 2005
  4. Craig

    Guest Guest

    If you want to know if a file is legit /virus and spyware free/ you need to
    perform a full scan with up-to-date AV and antispyware.

    However ,in your case the file isn't malware and is legit file:

    read this:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=878475

    :)

    Panda_man
    --
    Prevention is always better than cure !
    Panda TruPrevent - the most intelligent technology to combat unknown malware

    Guest, Dec 26, 2005
  5. Craig

    Heirloom Guest

    Like your fish John!
    Heirloom, old and don't eat 'em

    Heirloom, Dec 26, 2005
  6. Craig

    John Guest

    John, Dec 26, 2005
  7. Craig

    Guest Guest

    How come I can't ask a question, but I can post a reply?
    --
    projunior

    Guest, Dec 27, 2005
  8. Craig

    Guest Guest

    ask question

    --
    projunior

    Guest, Dec 27, 2005
  9. "projunior" <> wrote in message
    > How come I can't ask a question, but I can post a reply?

    In Outlook Express go to Tools | Accounts | Add (or New) | News.
    Set up an account for this news server:

    msnews.microsoft.com

    The server is free and does not require you to logon. This news server
    carries over 2200 newsgroups related to Microsoft products and keeps
    messages at least 30 days.

    For more detail see

    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com