    printer doesn't have this paper type option, but it has many others.
    Anyone recommend a paper setting for this type of paper?

    Thanks a lot, regards, dnw.

    Dot Net Developer, Apr 7, 2007

  2. On 7 Apr, 17:35, davy <> wrote:
    > Don't know if it's related to this guy and the first Japanese paper
    > money .... sound's about the same though, see-:
    > '2-1' (http://www.imes.boj.or.jp/cm/english_htmls/feature_gra2-1.htm)
    >
    > Ah well, makes a change from blocked nozzles... Hey'... print some for
    > us will ya' :) Just gotta' gi mi' 1 out of 10 for trying.
    >
    > Davy

    I think Hagaki paper is like postcards.

    Dot Net Developer, Apr 7, 2007

  3. Hi!

    I've seen the terms "Hagaki" and "Japanese Postcard" used interchangeably,
    so I'd guess that it is some kind of a postcard.

    William

    William R. Walsh, Apr 7, 2007
  4. Dot Net Developer

    Tony Guest

    "Dot Net Developer" <> wrote:
    >Bought a new printer. One of the paper settings is Hagaki. What is
    >this paper? What does it look like?
    >
    >Also, I have some paper that is (intentionally) not smooth. I think
    >it may be called parchment paper, but I'm not sure about that. My new
    >printer doesn't have this paper type option, but it has many others.
    >Anyone recommend a paper setting for this type of paper?
    >
    >Thanks a lot, regards, dnw.

    Sorry I don't know what Hagaki is but I can advise that paper with heavy
    embossing can be difficult to use with laser printers, and to a lesser extent
    with inkjets.
    With a laser you need to select heavy card or transparency, if it works that's
    fine but the toner may not correctly fuse in the troughs in the paper. If the
    paper is coated you should not use it in a laser unless the packet says that it
    is for laser printers otherwise you may (probably will) end up with fuser
    damage.
    With an inkjet you can just try to see if it works.
    Tony
    MS MVP Printing/Imaging

    Tony, Apr 7, 2007
  5. Dot Net Developer

    Jim Guest

    "Dot Net Developer" <> wrote in message
    > Bought a new printer. One of the paper settings is Hagaki. What is
    > this paper? What does it look like?
    >
    > Also, I have some paper that is (intentionally) not smooth. I think
    > it may be called parchment paper, but I'm not sure about that. My new
    > printer doesn't have this paper type option, but it has many others.
    > Anyone recommend a paper setting for this type of paper?
    >
    > Thanks a lot, regards, dnw.

    Don't know about it being a type of paper but it is a paper size.
    It is 5.3" x 3.94".
    Jim

    Jim, Apr 7, 2007
  6. On Sat, 7 Apr 2007 23:29:21 +0100, Jim <> wrote in

    > "Dot Net Developer" <> wrote in message
    >> Bought a new printer. One of the paper settings is Hagaki. What is
    >> this paper? What does it look like?
    >>
    >> Also, I have some paper that is (intentionally) not smooth. I think
    >> it may be called parchment paper, but I'm not sure about that. My new
    >> printer doesn't have this paper type option, but it has many others.
    >> Anyone recommend a paper setting for this type of paper?
    >>
    >> Thanks a lot, regards, dnw.

    > Don't know about it being a type of paper but it is a paper size.
    > It is 5.3" x 3.94".
    > Jim

    Hagaki is a postcard with the size specified by Japan post. Normally, a
    stamp and five rectangles with red line for post code area are already
    printed on front side; the back of the card is blank. Stock varies from
    about 180g/m² to 250g/m². The size is about 134mm X 100mm. There is fixed
    postage rate for 'Hagaki size' so if you use this size postcard you can
    send a message on it at the cheapest price to anywhere in Japan.

    Interestingly, the kanji characters for 'Hagaki' mean 'a leaf with a
    message written on it'.

    HTH

    --
    Regards,
    Nicolaas.

    2007 Pricelessware CD now available. 600Mb of the best of the best in
    Freeware. E-Mail me for details.

    .... Home is where the 127.0.0.1 is.

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Apr 8, 2007
  7. >>>>> "ArtieDeNYC" == ArtieDeNYC <> writes:

    ArtieDeNYC> Okay, I am using a Canon Pixma MP490. I had to print
    ArtieDeNYC> something on the back of my business cards. An alternet
    ArtieDeNYC> email address. I took a photo of my email address and
    ArtieDeNYC> cropped it. Then in Hagaki setting set it to the word
    ArtieDeNYC> Hagaki and printed the cards from last to first. In my
    ArtieDeNYC> opinion the word means card or heavy stock. It was a
    ArtieDeNYC> pain to do but it worked. I think the, last to first, is
    ArtieDeNYC> the key wording! Sizing and setting was the hardest. It
    ArtieDeNYC> worked for me!

    Yes, hagaki is a generic postcard. There is also "inkjet hagaki" which
    is much smoother cardstock and is I belive designed for photographic
    quality postcard printing (new year cards and so forth). This is apart
    from the photo postcard formats that also exist (but probably fall under
    different media type as specified on the package reverse side, usually
    given at a minimum for Epson or Canon printers).
    --
    Gernot Hassenpflug
    Pentium DualCore E2180 2GHz, Asus P5, 4GiB RAM

    Gernot Hassenpflug, Oct 1, 2010