    some application that I *do* use...

    --
    Terry, West Sussex, UK

    Terry Pinnell, Jul 18, 2005

  2. Terry Pinnell

    Will Denny Guest

    Hi

    DOA is related to MS Access. So if you use MS Access or any other programs
    that may be related to/use MS Access I would suggest that you leave it where
    it is.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    Will Denny, Jul 18, 2005

  3. Terry Pinnell

    GTS Guest

    DAO (Data Access Objects) is a collection of functions (in various DLLs
    basically) used for database activates. It is installed with VB and
    various other development tools and often with database applications
    programs. It is possible it's used by one or more programs you may have
    installed, though not certain. If in doubt, I would leave it be.

    GTS, Jul 18, 2005
  4. Terry Pinnell

    Winux P Guest

    If you have MS Access and/or MS Excel installed leave it where it is since
    particular functionality in these applications may utilise it. You may have
    other applications installed that require it. I haven't had it in my
    Add\Remove list after a VB install though VB could have installed it, as MS
    office does as well.

    It may be a vital component of some application you *do* use.

    - Winux P

    Winux P, Jul 19, 2005
  5. "Winux P" <> wrote:

    >If you have MS Access and/or MS Excel installed leave it where it is since
    >particular functionality in these applications may utilise it. You may have
    >other applications installed that require it. I haven't had it in my
    >Add\Remove list after a VB install though VB could have installed it, as MS
    >office does as well.
    >
    >It may be a vital component of some application you *do* use.
    >
    >- Winux P

    Thanks all. I'll leave well alone then! I don't use Access explicitly,
    but I do use Excel. And, as you say, it may be used elsewhere too.

    --
    Terry, West Sussex, UK

    Terry Pinnell, Jul 19, 2005