Votes: 45 16.1%
  • IRC

Votes: 10 3.6%

• Total voters

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
New poll overdue ... ;)

I missed a few "not-so-well-known" so if I ain't listed it, what was it & why did you bother? :D

You have multi-choice

:D

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
New poll overdue ... ;)

I missed a few "not-so-well-known" so if I ain't listed it, what was it & why did you bother? :D

:D

Erm aren't there supposed to be lil check boxes that we can check so we can add to this poll.....:p

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Erm aren't there supposed to be lil check boxes that we can check so we can add to this poll.....:p
give me a chance to post the bloody thing.

;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've voted for none as I don't really use any IM apps. I do have MSN installed but I use it once in a blue moon (once this year I think), as I find I'd spend too much time talking and not enough time working :lol:

About 10 years ago I used to use ICQ and that was fun!

Reaction score
Windows Live Messenger is not just good for IMs but also for easy and fast file transfer as we can just drag and drop :).

Reaction score
Raafay said:
Windows Live Messenger is not just good for IMs but also for easy and fast file transfer as we can just drag and drop :).

And pretty much the reason I use it...

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
None anymore, the novelty wore off for me.

I'd rather meet or phone people tbh.

Facebook is almost the same but it's kinda mild and friendly so I use it.

If anybody really wanted to speak to me I have a phone number, and an ability to use PM's but it had better be a good reason, lol ;)

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
None anymore, the novelty wore off for me.

I'd rather meet or phone people tbh.

Facebook is almost the same but it's kinda mild and friendly so I use it.

If anybody really wanted to speak to me I have a phone number, and an ability to use PM's but it had better be a good reason, lol ;)

Same here. Used to use MSN, but people changed their emails too much, so I now have about 200 contacts with only a handful of useable contacts.

I use facebook as everyone has it. Prefer to text.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Only Skype but once in a blue moon, come to think of it I don't use that anymore as I don't have it installed on my new Laptop or my main PC..

So pretty much none really, prefer to speak face to face..or Mobile Bone..:nod:

Reaction score
I say I use Trillion and W Live but tbh.... it's normally closed or with me showing off-line. I ain't having my brothers young friends contact me. When I was younger I had the police at me door because a girl missed the school bus, I took her there (it was omw to work) but her friend started making stuff up about a relationship etc. After this my opinion on talking to / helping younger people totally changed and I find it's better to avoid them.

(Luckily the officer knew it was cr4p but had to follow it up as a matter of proceedure. It wasn't pleasant.)

Reaction score
JaLing said:
, I took her there (it was omw to work) but her friend started making stuff up about a relationship etc. After this my opinion on talking to / helping younger people totally changed and I find it's better to avoid them.

(Luckily the officer knew it was cr4p but had to follow it up as a matter of proceedure. It wasn't pleasant.)

Been in a similar position myself. One of me daughters friends added me on WLM and before you know it, police had me down the station..She also made up a story of a relationship. Thank god she were known to them, and known as a compulsive liar. She were also one of the first people I knew of that had 'puter removed and band from using internet etc for a good few years...Scared the sh*t out of me..

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I voted pidgin for the only reason that it is installed on my laptop otherwise never used it :p

I rather use the phone for all local calls (within the US) and for overseas the good ole' email works fine. In 1997 I used the ICQ and sure it was fun and something interesting, made a friend back in September 1998 through ICQ and we are still good friends and communicate regularly over phone.

Reaction score
I've used them all but WLM seems to be mainstream...
I still keep in regular contact with 2 friends I made via ICQ 11 years ago! :)

Ask a Question