What happens if you overload a PSU?

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
I'm not going against them, It's just that budget power supplies are the only option. After 3 years, the power supply I have is still fine, so I thought it would be okay to get another budget one. But I have never seen a SumVision PSU exploded or found any reviews on the Internet. Also, the wattage advertised is the true MAXIMUM. If you are using 95% of it then I can't say you are safe. On the SumVison 600w, I won't be using anywhere near the max. Anyway, on Christmas day, I'll tell you if I have any problems with it.

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
Merry Christmas everyone!!!! :D

I just built the PC and I am into Windows XP Pro no problem. This SumVision 600W PSU has proved to be a fine purchase however, it did start vibrating against the case causing an annoying buzzing noise, but this was easily fixed by tightening the screws.

Hope you all had a nice Christmas and got what you wanted!
nod.gif

Reaction score
Captain Jack Sparrow said:
Merry Christmas everyone!!!! :D

I just built the PC and I am into Windows XP Pro no problem. This SumVision 600W PSU has proved to be a fine purchase however, it did start vibrating against the case causing an annoying buzzing noise, but this was easily fixed by tightening the screws.

Hope you all had a nice Christmas and got what you wanted!
nod.gif

Glad ya got it running, and may this machine be problem free..All the best, merry xmas and happy new year to you to matey....:thumb:

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
Wow, it has been 8 years! Obviously I'm no longer using this PSU as I have upgraded to a Thermaltake Toughpower 875W in my PC.

The Sumvision 600W PSU still works though, but I just use it to power a spare car stereo I had lying around.

Ask a Question