What games are you playing, and, what game/s do you have an eye out for?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Shades of GTAV & Payday 2 perhaps? I was actually very tempted by this but there are three prices - £50; £60 and.... £100 :eek: So no, That is taking the rise, really. Sixty quid might be understandable on a console but.... no.

Which leaves BF4, which I may still have a dip into. £100 for Hardline makes £40 for BF4 look almost reasonable, lol

I couldn't access the GGC site, btw (see above) as it didn't like the Opera Browser (you were right, V_R) but I did see it with IE (Yes, that browser everybody likes to turn their nose up at). But I'm still no nearer to understanding why I was banned.

The one CoD4 server that's any good that I can still join has taken to rotating the 'Ambush' map every other map and I absolutely HATE that map (for 'hate' read 'I'm crap at that map') and tbh I do think I am at last starting to tire of it, I have loads of MP games to play if I wanted to, including all of the CoD series from 5 onwards up to the one before the very latest one. Maybe I should try them a bit more.

Or I may just try my own CoD4 server for a month, 15 slots costs about £12 a month, not so bad...

In the meantime, I tried playing Guild wars 2 again this evening and it isn't making a lick of sense to me. It says I have to collect a coloured card from some character and chromatise some flowers. So I get the card, go to a flower and it says I don't have the card. WTF? And then it throws me another mission to run paralell alongside this one, totally confusing a GW2 newb like me.

And, tbh, all this kerfaffing about is aboput as dull as dishwater, I was hoping it would get a bit livelier but I can't even progress past this seemingly simple mission. Still, for twelve quid, was worth a try, perhaps I should seek a guide.

And totally away from all that... GOG (Good Old Games) just released Lucas Arts' Outlaws (from around 1998 I think), a version that will run on XP, Vista, Win 7 & Win 8. It cost £4 and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Shades of GTAV & Payday 2 perhaps? I was actually very tempted by this but there are three prices - £50; £60 and.... £100 :eek: So no, That is taking the rise, really. Sixty quid might be understandable on a console but.... no.

Origin prices are retarded, don't pay them. Get it from a key site like CJS or even origin mexico via a vpn or use hola! in Chrome or FF. ;)

About £25 for the base game. :)

E: https://www.g2a.com/battlefield-hardline-origin-cd-key-global.html?___store=great_britain

32 quid, theres a code you can use to, all the youtubers do them. :)

or

https://www.origin.com/es-mx/store/buy/battlefield-hardline/pc-download/base-game/standard-edition

£26 quid.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I am finally having a CRYSIS for the first time and it plays at high quality on me 42" tv, I have the Normal mod from the official site installed along with a no cd patch, an it plays and looks great.
I guess I am a few years behind the loop here
Laughing.gif

Looking forward to Skyrim with loads of mods next. That is if me rigg will play it in high quality, if not I may have to upgrade slightly.
breakfast.gif

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yes GTAV here too, it looks so damn good!

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I'm playing Fallout 3 on the PS3 at the moment, it's an oldie but a goodie :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Update:

Haven't played Outcast 1.1 much, too many other games to try and some retro games, tbh, just ain't worth the ag, most are clunky and cumbersome and only good for nostalgia value. There are exceptions of course and I may well return to it.

I've tried Guild wars 2 a few times now and I must be the most stoopid person in the world cos I am stuck, just can't work out what to do and I don't have a very long tolerance path, I get impatient and abandon things that wind me up so - that was a waste of money (kind of like a fair few games I try, actually).

Haven't invested in BF4 or Hardline yet, been too busy with other games.

Call Of Duty Four, concerning my ban. I was very definitely banned from around six servers but could access others.

I noticed Activision were having a sale at Steam over the weekend and CoD4 was going at half price for a tenner. So I bit the bullet and took a chance and bought it. Uninstalled my version of CoD4 and deleted all the sub-folders and registry entries I could find then installed my new Steam version.

And now I'm accessing all servers again :) From now on, no matter how many idiots annoy me, I'm staying tight-lipped unless somebody speaks to me directly, not worth the bother, getting banned, cost me a tenner - ouch.

Oddly enough last night on a server from which I was previously banned there was a hacker using an aimbot. He lasted about 15 minutes before getting kicked and banned.

So that's how they ban somebody then - by their game activation code, not a player's web address.

New games I have, amongst others, The Talos Principle and Shadow Of Mordor. The Talos Principle is good, lots of good logic/sequential puzzles, made by the same people who made the Serious Sam series, I'm about ten hours into it so far but felt I had to take a break, it was getting a little repetitive.

Shadow Of Mordor (A Lord Of The Rings Franchise) is basically any of The Batman Arkham series with different skins and to my mind really rather difficult but perhaps I just need more practice. Batman clone it may be - with a liberal dash of Assassins Creed - but those skins are fantastic, the characters and backdrops for this game are very good indeed.

Both of those games I got for half price in Steam sales, I wouldn't have bothered otherwise.

I've also recently bought a fair few cheaper games in Steam sales - Psychonauts is fair - but that'll do for now.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I've also recently bought a fair few cheaper games in Steam sales - Psychonauts is fair - but that'll do for now.

I played Psychonauts a while ago, it's totally bizarre but quite fun :)

I finished Fallout 3 the other day and have started on Fallout: New Vegas... it was quite a surprise to start the game by being shot in the head!!

In terms of other games, I'd love to play No One Lives Forever 2 again sometime, it was hilarious.

Reaction score
I played Psychonauts a while ago, it's totally bizarre but quite fun :)

I finished Fallout 3 the other day and have started on Fallout: New Vegas... it was quite a surprise to start the game by being shot in the head!!

In terms of other games, I'd love to play No One Lives Forever 2 again sometime, it was hilarious.

No One Lives Forever 1 and 2 were some of the best games I ever played! I wish they would make another. There was something awesome about the atmosphere of those games and they were hilarious at times - I loved the conversations between the characters ("Would you like to buy a monkey?"). I should reinstall them and play through again!
I also thought Fallout New Vegas was WAY better than Fallout 3 in terms of writing, variety and originality. I think it was made by the original development team from Fallout 2... You'll have a lot of fun with that!
Currently I have just completed GTAV on PC which was awesome and I'm hopelessly addicted to Elite: Dangerous. Something about flying around space taking out pirates and mining asteroids just keeps me coming back. It's a horrendous time-sink though - I think I've been playing for an hour but then look at the clock and it has been 3 hours. Much to the dismay of my wife.
Looking forward to the Witcher 3 in a couple of weeks - it's shaping up to be fantastic!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Oddly enough I reinstalled Fallout 3 recently, imo that's an excellent game and I can become quite immersed in it. Mostly installed it to play all the DLC I never did get round to playing the first time around but will play all the way through again first.

Fallout Las Vegas.... I thought was horrible :( Frustrating, boring and lacking in any originality - not for me, I'm afraid.

Psychonauts is turning out to be quite fun though the interface is a bit dated now, can sometimes be a little hit and miss.

Have just noticed there's a stand alone add-on to Wolfenstein The New Order - The Old Blood - I'll likely go for that.

And one that caught my eye was Ori & The Blind Forest, will wait for that one to be in a sale.

And has anybody tried DIRT: Rally yet?

Reaction score
Regarding Fallout New Vegas, I can see where you're coming from. You would think both games would be almost identical but there was a definite shift in tone between them. I really enjoyed it though, but then again I love anything post-apocalyptic!

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
No One Lives Forever 1 and 2 were some of the best games I ever played! I wish they would make another. There was something awesome about the atmosphere of those games and they were hilarious at times - I loved the conversations between the characters ("Would you like to buy a monkey?"). I should reinstall them and play through again!

I think one of my favourite things was just sneaking about and listening to conversations between the Russians - hilarious! I think once I can sit at the PC for longer in one go then I'll play NOLF2 again :D

I'm enjoying New Vegas so far, but I'm not far through. I don't like how food and drink don't permanently increase your HP though, that's really annoying!

I really want to play some more Kerbal Space Program so that'll be another one for the list when my back is better.