    I am not sure how this site works, but if it responds to my e-mail - - please
    send it to . (As you can tell I am not very computer
    literate!) Thanks.

    Guest, Jun 24, 2006

  2. It means that you have too many items in your mailbox and need to delete a
    whole bunch of them. When you meet the minimum quota, you can again send
    mail.

    --
    Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

    reading.

    After furious head scratching, ThreeR asked:

    Milly Staples - MVP Outlook, Jun 24, 2006

    Thank you so much for replying! Is this only in my inbox or does it include
    all of my subfolders. I do have one sub folder where I have saved probably
    100 e-mails.............. What is the minimum quota? Do you know how I can
    find out.

    Guest, Jun 24, 2006

    Hi Milly - i thought that archived and got rid of most everything and tried
    to send another email. following is what I received........ I hope I didn't
    mess up anything.
    <>:
    user is over quota

    Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 09:13:00 -0700 (PDT)
    From: rhonda rackley <>
    Subject: Fwd: outlook error
    To: Rhonda Rackley <>

    --0-1364161044-1151165580=:310

    --0-1891110580-1151165580=:310

    Guest, Jun 24, 2006

    Vanguard Guest

    "ThreeR" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Milly - i thought that archived and got rid of most everything and
    > tried
    > to send another email. following is what I received........ I hope I
    > didn't
    > mess up anything.

    Archiving your local copy does nothing to empty your mailbox. You need
    to delete them out of the Inbox. You can put them in other folders
    (either server-side in a different folder there or yank them and move to
    a different local folder) rather than delete them. However, it is
    likely that the server-side folders count against your disk quota since
    they are still stored somewhere. Often the Trash or Junk folders are
    not counted against your quota so you could put them there and risk
    losing them should their utility come by to cleanup your account. If
    you yank them using an e-mail client, they are local and no longer up on
    the server unless you configured the e-mail client to "leave messages on
    server".

    The problem you mentioned is not with YOU sending mail but with
    recipients who cannot get THEIR mail delivered to you because your
    mailbox is full. You only get so much disk space for your account and
    you used it all up. That means there is no more space in your mailbox
    to accept further mails, so they get rejected as undeliverable. Stop
    using your Inbox for permanent storage.

    Vanguard, Jun 24, 2006

    HI!
    Did you ever get this corrected? I am getting the same message. I always
    delete mail when closing my outlook. My "quota" says 1000. I am not even
    close to that. Probably don't even have 100 even in sub folders. I am going
    nuts trying to figure this out!!! HELP!!

    Guest, Oct 9, 2007

    Oh..I have just noticed these messages are all coming in with the date of
    07/10/2893

    Guest, Oct 9, 2007

    Roady [MVP] Guest

    Logon to your webbased mailbox provided by your ISP. That is where you quota
    is being reached; not in Outlook.

    --
    Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
    http://www.howto-outlook.com/

    http://www.msoutlook.info/

    -----

    Roady [MVP], Oct 9, 2007

    ok....can you tell me how to do that?

    Guest, Oct 10, 2007

    Roady [MVP] Guest

    No, those details depend on your ISP. Contact them if you don't know it.

    Roady [MVP], Oct 11, 2007

    ShaAnne Guest

    Yey I know but I have a total of 4 in the inbox everything else (sent,
    deleted, outbox and so forth) has been deleted. I don't understand. AOL
    allowed up to 1000 before that happened, and AOL sucks. lol
    --
    ShaAnne in OK

    ShaAnne, Feb 1, 2008

    ShaAnne Guest

    you and me both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OOOH I am trying to complete some classes
    (going for my bachelor's degree) on line, and can't even get my freaking
    emails for my class, now how is that for frustrating. This is outlook
    express . At work I have Microsoft Outlook and it allows tons. Even when I
    had dial-up and provider was AOL it allowed up to 1000 emails before it said
    mailbox full, and AOL sucks. LOL
    What do we do? I have surfed and searched till i am sick.
    --
    ShaAnne in OK

    ShaAnne, Feb 1, 2008

    ShaAnne Guest

    Hmmmm not sure I understand that, ya mean go to my email by way of my
    provider's website which is windstream.net?
    ShaAnne in OK

    ShaAnne, Feb 1, 2008

    Roady [MVP] Guest

    Yup, that is what giving you the error and not Outlook or in your case;
    Outlook Express

    For future reference; note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum.

    Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office
    family.

    Here is the link for the right forum
    http://www.microsoft.com/communitie...px?dg=microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general

    Good Luck!