    *** PHP and MySQL support with no restrictions
    *** cPanel control panel
    *** Website Builder

    Ezechiele, Nov 28, 2008

  2. Ezechiele

    jaster Guest

    On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 18:18:49 +0000, Ezechiele thoughfully wrote:

    > Due to AMD AM2+ CPU limitation, DDR2 1066 is only supported by 1 dimm
    > per channel.
    >
    > I need to buy 8Gb DDR2 1066 memory for my Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H
    > (rev. 1.0) motherboard. WIll I be able to use 8Gb of memory or more ?

    I think it means you can only use 2-4GB DDR2 modules 1 each slot.

    Unless you're running a Windows 64bit OS version, IIRC only 3GB of
    memory will be used. All 8GB will be used if you're running Linux.

    jaster, Nov 28, 2008

  3. Ezechiele

    Ezechiele Guest

    > I think it means you can only use 2-4GB DDR2 modules 1 each slot.

    Well, I had doubts for I never have seen two modules inserted in each slot

    > Unless you're running a Windows 64bit OS version, IIRC only 3GB of
    > memory will be used. All 8GB will be used if you're running Linux.

    And what if I would like to use 16 Gb do DDR 2 memory ?

    --
    Register here: http://www.000webhost.com/92681.html

    *** 1500 MB of disk space
    *** 100 GB of data transfer

    Ezechiele, Nov 28, 2008
  4. Ezechiele

    Paul Guest

    Ezechiele wrote:

    >> I think it means you can only use 2-4GB DDR2 modules 1 each slot.

    > Well, I had doubts for I never have seen two modules inserted in each slot
    >

    >> Unless you're running a Windows 64bit OS version, IIRC only 3GB of
    >> memory will be used. All 8GB will be used if you're running Linux.

    > And what if I would like to use 16 Gb do DDR 2 memory ?

    You can run two sticks of RAM at the DDR2-1066 speed.

    You can run four sticks of RAM at the DDR2-800 speed.

    These are statements related to the drive capability of
    the processor. It can only run the DDR2-1066 case, when
    the bus is lightly loaded. Once four sticks are installed,
    then the clock rate to the memory must be reduced.

    If you purchase a DDR2-1066 stick of memory, you can
    run it at a lower speed, like DDR2-800. So there is
    room to carry out experiments.

    And this page has the memory limits of a number of
    Windows OSes.

    Paul

    Paul, Nov 28, 2008
  5. Ezechiele