    3. Service Separation Architecture
    4. Switch Fabric

    Thank you in advance!

    ILiya, Jun 8, 2005

  2. ILiya

    Neteng Guest

    Sounds like you've been talking to a Marketing/Sales person!

    1. converged packet infrastructure - Never heard this one before, but it
    sounds like #2 so look there please
    2. converged network services - Here they combine voice, data, and video
    across a single infrastructure (routers and switches)
    3. Service Separation Architecture - Another new one, but it sounds like the
    opposite of #2
    4. Switch Fabric - The backplane of a switch. As data flows from one port to
    another it crosses the switch fabric.

    Neteng, Jun 8, 2005

  3. ILiya

    ILiya Guest

    Thank you. I've beel lucky to find the source of the article i'been working
    on (sometimes people can make it very hard to do business):

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5763/products_white_paper09186a008022da42.shtml

    ILiya, Jun 8, 2005
  4. ILiya

    arielaa

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Convergence is a movement in technology to combine resources and applications onto one level platform for interoperability and optimization. It not only encompasses migrating streaming applications such as voice and video onto one IP based infrastructure, but movements in network technologies to streamline system management and reduce hardware to maximize efficiency.

    arielaa, Apr 15, 2011
  5. ILiya

    simbha

    Joined: