What does Error number: 0x80240030 mean

hen

During running of Windows Update, I encountered the Error
number: 0x80240030 -- what does it mean ??

Terrence Tan [MSFT]

DISABLE PROXY SERVER
In IE
Tools -> Internet Options -> Connections ->LAN Settings -> Clear all boxes
and
uncheck everything

OR if that doesn't resolve it, download/install the BITS client 2.0 from
Microsoft.com
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8dbcae14-2dac-4445-
91ec-54c042ad6729&displaylang=en
restart, and try WU again.

***
Terrence Tan [MSFT]
Microsoft Enterprise Platforms Support

"What is it that binds us to this place as to no other? It is not the well
or the bell or the stone walls or the crisp October nights...No, our love
for this place is based upon the fact that it is as it was meant to be
The University of the People." (Charles Kuralt)

NOTE: Please reply to the newsgroup and not directly to me. This
posting is provided "AS IS" without warranty either expressed or
implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of
merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The views and
opinions expressed in this newsgroup posting are mine and do not
necessarily express or reflect the views and/or opinions of Microsoft.
From: "hen" <[email protected]>
Sender: "hen" <[email protected]>
Subject: What does Error number: 0x80240030 mean
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 00:19:07 -0700